HybridZ

300-400hp??

FI_JUNKY

ok, so i have a petty well bone stock, well maintained '83 280zxt. what would be the simplest way for me to make a good 300-400hp that will be dependable for daily driving? i already plan on dropping in a fmic and uprgrading to possibly a t4 or t3-t4hybrid. can anyone shoot out some possibilities for me please? and thanks in advance

They're screwing with you if you hadn't caught on by now. There is endless info in the archives...and I do mean endless. Grab several cases of beer and start reading...you're going to be there a long time. The best engine builds tend to be the ones that were well planned and researched.

you guys are so mean... but i did have a good laugh.

But they speak truth in that you should search. I havn't actually searched much on L28 tech but I've seen enough threds go by that now I know the L28's potential. But I'm not going to say anything more than that, so you can research it yourself, or just stick around a while like I did.

the funny thing is i'm not a total ideot about the l28 i was just hoping for a bit of input and opinions... kinda sux only a few really took it seriously, as for my 280 i have an rb25 in the garage on the stand i'm currently workin on building up and dropping in. i plan on taking the l28 and dropping it into my 710

the funny thing is i'm not a total ideot about the l28 i was just hoping for a bit of input and opinions... kinda sux only a few really took it seriously, as for my 280 i have an rb25 in the garage on the stand i'm currently workin on building up and dropping in. i plan on taking the l28 and dropping it into my 710
If you lurk for just a few days reading the posts on the turbo and L6 forums, you will see MOST PEOPLE WITH L28ETs are running 300-400 hp. Just look at signatures....

Guest 73Turbo240z

on the non-bullshit side of things, search... this topics been beat to death...

that being said, there are certain levels of "dependability" that people are willing to accept for 300-400hp... some will just take a junkyard engine and turn up the boost and replace stuff as it breaks, that'll get you to 300ish...

others will do a few nice parts and probally get 350ish while still breaking the weak links...

then theres people like myself who want a ton of power but dependability too, and then your looking at fully forged setups w/ as much overbuilt gear as you can lay hands on so that the engine is damn near bulletproof.

this way is very expensive and time consuming....

Fast

Cheap

Reliable

You may only pick 2...

on the non-bullshit side of things' date=' search... this topics been beat to death...

that being said, there are certain levels of "dependability" that people are willing to accept for 300-400hp... some will just take a junkyard engine and turn up the boost and replace stuff as it breaks, that'll get you to 300ish...

others will do a few nice parts and probally get 350ish while still breaking the weak links...

then theres people like myself who want a ton of power but dependability too, and then your looking at fully forged setups w/ as much overbuilt gear as you can lay hands on so that the engine is damn near bulletproof.

this way is very expensive and time consuming....

Fast

Cheap

Reliable

You may only pick 2...[/quote']

The nice thing is there are no weak links until you get to 400hp. Intercooler, efficient turbo, JWF ECU/420cc injectors, fuel pump and an open exhaust will net 11s on a stock engine for years. Just manage the fuel and spark properly, and the engine will perform.