HybridZ

what do you guys thinks of this wheel?

Hmmm...took the words right out of my mouth. Maybe if the center was dull, or a color with the polished lip it would be good, but it looks a bit too Bling Bling for my liking....but then its your car, and never know, might look good when mounted...

I had a similar issue with too intense crome for a wheel setup. I was looking at chrome 17X8 mustang 65-67 rims with a +12 (i think) offset that would bolt onto a Z. They are on eBay periodically for thsoe of you thinking of going that route. Any way since it is a new clean chrome surface the resolve was to have it powder coated translucent black (from columbiacoatings.com thanks for the recommendation 2003z), this should result in a kind of blackish chrome look, or something of the sort.

Well, I guess you guys aren't too fond of my wheels either.:shock:

large251068.jpg

To each his own, I'm very happy with the way my wheels look on my car. I don't know if the wheels fastzcars posted are chrome or not, but mine aren't. I still think that the polished finish looks good (at least when you have large openings and nice brakes).

Thanks guys for your input. They are polished not chrome. I was thinking of painting the centers the same silver as my car, with the polished lip. I'll have to get 5 lug front hubs and have my rear axels redrilled.They only come in 5 lugs. I'm looking to get them in 17x8's all around.w/225x45 and 245x40's, front and rear.

I really like Bartmans wheels, they are awsome and I would have gone that way but my buddy made me a deal on a set of Konig Monsoons so here I am.

Back to the subject of the first wheels, maybe too much bling but I am not sure. If you like them then that is all that counts. Do what you like and what makes you happy as everyone has different tastes.

Mike

There are wheels that look like they belong on show cars and there are wheels the look like they belong on race cars.....this wheel looks like it belongs on a show car. Personally, I prefer the wheels that look like they belong on a race car.....but everyone has their own flavor of wheel.

perhaps some of us are old-school, but so many wheels now look like christmas ornaments to me.. no definition, just rolling blobs of chrome....

a polished lip with satin or black spokes just seems to stand out more and give a clint eastwood look to your ride...

do you feel lucky punk? well do ya?

:twisted: