HybridZ

LS2 swap pics

from your album page I belive you can simply right click on the picture, copy and paste in your new post. It's easier to open 2 browsers at the same time if you're going to cut/paste multiple pics.

Nice swap BTW! Looks great :2thumbs: How much different are the LS2 mounts compared to the LS1?

Very Nice! I thought that John's kit was really easy, and I can't seem to see any difference in the alternator mounting. The mounting holes are the same on the blocks (at least to my knowledge) so if it was a problem an LS1 mount and alt would do the trick.

That is really clean. All that torque is gonna do torque spins on takeoff!

They are also having problems retrofitting LS2s into the C5 Corvette. There is an extra boss on the passenger side of the block that has to be trimmed in order for the mount to clear on the C5s.

That motor looks perfect in that engine bay. I can't say enough about how much of a good thing the S30/ LS# swap is. Think about it... More HP and torque bonestock than MANY turbo swaps, without the tuning headaches, and LIGHTER than a NA L6 Nissan Motor... What's not to like? :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

We just put the ls1 mounts on the the LS2.

The john's car kit was kind of a pain to install.The motor didnt want to sit into the John's car kit because the LS2 alternator is mounted a little different then the LS1.Looks like more work for Mike.LOL!

The alternator mount looks the same as the one on my LS1. We installed the motor into the car wothout the alternator in place and then bolted the alt in afterwards.

The only problem I had was getting the passenger side motor mount to line up. I finally unbolted the drivers side, hooked up the passenger side bolts to the block really loose, lined up the pasenger side and bolted it down tight. Then I wiggled the motor/ trans until I was able to get the drivers side lined up.

Anyway. That motor looks so good against the red paint. That thing is going to be so sick when it is done. I am sure that Mike (mas280) is going to do a great job on it.

Keep us posted.

The alternator mount is the same on the ls1 and the ls2. The ls2 alternator is different from the ls1, the power lug come out where the Datsun motor mount tower is. Looks like I will be able to re clock the alternator to make it fit.

Originally Posted by LS1240Z

We just put the ls1 mounts on the the LS2.

The john's car kit was kind of a pain to install.The motor didnt want to sit into the John's car kit because the LS2 alternator is mounted a little different then the LS1.Looks like more work for Mike.LOL!

John I must have been sleeping when I did this because I never did try my ls1 alternator mount on his motor.

Thank's for the good coments guy's!

I had a hard time deciding on what color to go before painting the car.I was going with laguna seca blue or red.I had even a harder time picking the red that its on now.There are tons of codes for red,I like how this one tends to change a little during the day.

That clutch master cylider looks like it's about half the size of mine. Impressive.

Are you going to stick with the fly-by-wire or put a mechanical throttle control on?

You mean drive-by-wire, right? I know LS* Z is fast(I really want one), but don't think it can fly yet.

Was that the engine out of the GTO?

Does the Camro oil pan just bolt up, or did you have to do anything special with the oil pick up. I think you guys said in the past you had to change the MAF too. Anything else that had to be replaced?

Trying to gauge what added expenses are involved with the LS2 swap over the LS1