HybridZ

ScottieGNZ feelin' tha heat!

240Z Turbo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellooooo....I know some of you guys are just trying to be too nice. Twin Turbo dude posted a best of 12;25 or something like that...even if you give him a full second, he would still get spanked by 3 or 4 car lengths running against a high 10 sec GNZ. Well OK lets don't give him a full sec......DOH!!!! 15 car lengths???? Where are the time slips baby??? At any rate theres not much more boost left and a whole lotta breaking in the midst.....no dont you dare crap your pants out there and be left sitting on the line......I dont even think it will be close....GNZ rules and we will just have to accept it....JAPTIN on the other hand would post a good afternoon thrill I expect...just my 02 cents worth from Japan. He HE

i have to stay with the L28 guys :D I think after you guys get that we will have to find out what another L28 will do to a V8 in andy's car ;) I had to clean the seats after i took andy for a ride the other day :D I'm coming for you andy and you have to show them james what a real engine will do. hail.gif

Man, not much support for the L6 on this forum! I have to talk some smack to get this thing hyped, but in all honesty I will be hardpressed to beat the GNZ out of the hole because of his transbreak. Without the transbrake and that car is TOAST! Time to jet the NOS to a 100shot out of the hole and let us see if 20psi on the twins can whip the 24psi from Scottie's hairdryer turbo!

Anyway, I stand by what I said that Scottie is due for a whippin' and will receive one in AL! I have added my new monster IC and oil cooler, put on my new Nitto Drags(275/50-15s) and added my new fuel pump. I will dyno tune the car this week to optimize cam timing and the rest is history.

I support the L28 all the way. I love that motor. The thing is, the GNZ is the ruling favorite with a fistful of 10 second timeslips - it's hard to root for the underdog who comes out of nowhere -- no dyno graphs or timeslips. Lay it down, and the L28 will be heralded, I'm sure of that.

Guest Tom Scala

During the musclecar shootout days the saying used to be "My heart is with the HEMI but my brain is with the Buick" (GS455 Stage 1 that is). The big Buick put a whoppin' on the 426 more times than not. I suspect the same will happen with the V6 against the L6,but it'd be nice to see the little guy pull one out.

Man, the 12.24@120.2 was almost 3 years ago with a single 60-1, 2.8L motor, open diff and worn street tires! CorZette(aka rip van winkle) must still be asleep. WAKE UP!!!!!

New 3.06 motor, 400cfm more turbo, SS header, auto tranny, VLSD, CVs, Nitto Drags, NOS and the carbon fiber switch panel adds 43hp! Give a guy some credit here folks. Just for fun on the way to the race I will spank the GNZ from a roll so everyone knows who has the most power! HEHE!

...and the new setup has gone how quick?

Just for fun on the way to the race I will spank the GNZ from a roll so everyone knows who has the most power!
No you won't because this old fart does not street race and besides, what would that prove? You want to prove something on the street, let's see who gets better gas mileage :D:D

BTW, how much of an advantage do you think the transbrake gives me?

Guest Anonymous

I hate to say this, but. Scottie has a proven car and is very used to it,from my experience at the drags it takes a few runs to get the feel of a new setup.I am a BIG inline 6 fan and i really hope 240z turbo bests my timeslip. My money is in experience at the staging lights and having all the bugs worked out before hand.

Hey, Rip Van Winkle here...man what a sleep I had lol. Well all I can say is I tell what I read. I guess if the Twin Turbo dude's website would have been updated in the last two tears I may have been more accurate...excuse me I am not MEW2 so I didn't have Psychic ability...lol. Man I know the L6 well...used to mess with them back in the 80's and they were respectable then and most definately an awesome engine....but I think some may be trying to hold onto the past. technology is a bugger and well theres that V thing to ponder....good luck to both of you. If you really wanted a race you can come over here anytime..(JAPAN) and Ill wax both of ya!!!! Don't forget to pay your import tax! He He....Good Luck on the run...By the way how did Scotty get to be the one to beat?? You may want to call Darius out...I hear he has a thing for spanking R1's!

All in Fun

CorZette

Racing at the drag strip is the only way to decide who is the king.

You also have to give a nod to the person with the larger engine. You are giving up almost a liter of displacement, which is alot.

I want to see you make the L engine run some very good times, and the set-up you have it pretty trick, but Scottie has been running what he has been running for a while.

Either way it's all talk and nothing more, the only thing to do is line them up and run them.

I personally do not really care who wins I just want to see the race cry2.gif Lets just hope for a good run and heck it may just come down to reaction time/Holeshots...No red lights nono.gif

Mike