HybridZ

Short day at the track for this guy (video)

Cruez

What really amazes me is the strength of the tree. If I hadn't seen this video I would bet 100$ that tree won't stand an impact like that.

Might be a Gum tree... those freaking things are a PITA to get out, even small ones... and if you don't get it all, IT GROWS BACK !!

What really amazes me is the strength of the tree. ...

Look closely. There is blue trash can next to the tree. Looks like hitting the curb launched the nose into the air and it landed on the can. The tree just happened to be next to the can.

It was that last blip of the throttle before getting on the brakes. Shoulda never done that!

I agree, "Too much car, not enough driver".

Look closely. There is blue trash can next to the tree. Looks like hitting the curb launched the nose into the air and it landed on the can. The tree just happened to be next to the can.

Look at it again, after he hit the curb he hit the trash can and shoved it into the tree. You can see it move. I think he got the car stuck between the tree and the trash can.

I hate the way it sounds. Farty. The curb made him wheelie and then he hit the top of the can. The can did two flips under the car and ended up standing straight up agains the tree. Then he hit the tree and the nose dropped on to the can like a kickstand. I bet he can't do that again...at least with that car!

On another forum I lurk in, there was a discussion about how the number of accidents has been on the rise at AutoXs and HPDEs. The reason is the rise in popularety, and the fact that a lot of people with no skills, lots of money, and powerful cars are out there. In the years I used to race Solo2, I only witnessed two real car damaging accidents. I bet I've seen 25 or more on the web in the last year... I personally believe this will impact how SCCA manages site locations in the future. Some parking lots simply don't have enough run off to protect the ignorant from themselves... :roll:

Mike :cool:

You don't think that has something to do with the rise of the internet and the fact that everyone is videotaping their outings now? That's my theory. Just because you see it more doesn't mean it's happening more. Kinda like Ferrari crashes. I don't think more people are crashing Enzos than crashed F40s, but I've never seen an F40 crash, and I think I've seen 3 Enzo crashes.

Not to defend the idiot driver at all, but I also think it's a bit weird that a club running an autox would do a long straight right at a curb, then do a sharp left right in front of said curb. Hopefully your autox location doesn't have any obstacles, but if it does, you generally want your cars going SLOWLY around them, and you want them on the INSIDE of the turn, not the outside...