HybridZ

On the streets of Tokyo speed needs no translation

Trevor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go see the last Herbie movie? You gonna go see Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang II? :lol:

Don't laugh. I watched Herbie Fully Loaded just last night.

Those movies are the death of me. My kids think the two most desireble cars made are the new Beetle (cause their Mom's first car was a beetle) and a PT Cruiser (cause that is what both of their grandma's have).

I'll turn them around. My 9 year old daughter is watching me pull the motor on the Z "because it isn't big enough".

Watch "Heart Like a Wheel".... I think thats the title..

And "Hollywood Knights"

and "American Grafitti"

Bullitt

Gone in 60 Seconds...

and Wraith

also Running on Empty which is an old Australian movie with some tough old school cars

dude, wraith? "High Plains Drifter was a great movie, let's take everything that was good about that, but leave it out, and then replace the horses with cars...Brilliant!" I'm not hating on you, movie companies do it all the time. "Point break was a great movie, lets take everything that was good about it (gary busy) and leave it out, and replace the surfing with cars...we'll call it The Fast and the Furious! Brilliant!"

How about the movie "Cannonball," not to be confused with "Cannonball Run I or II"? The one where David Carradine (from Kung Fu and Kill Bill) is trying to be a race car driver, and has to race a dude in a charger across the country in first a second gen camaro, and then in a kawasaki green (or whatever the old muscle car color was called, flaming nuclear space goo lime, grabber green, i can never keep them straight) 69-ish mustang, "the cooze cruiser."

Guest iskone
Watch "Heart Like a Wheel".... I think thats the title..

And "Hollywood Knights"

and "American Grafitti"

Bullitt

Gone in 60 Seconds...

Don't forget "2 Lane Blacktop" Maybe not the best but doing what they do in the movie is dream to me. One day I'm gonna race across the country stopping at local drive ins to race for money. Oh, and don't forget about pulling the slciks out of the car for the race!!!

Isk

What about Vanishing Point, with Aragorn Son of Arathorn trying to get across country to visit his wife giving birth, and Jason Priestley as the militant radio talk show host egging him on to stick it to the man? "It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar..."

well i have to say...although the plot looks horrible, the race scenes look halfway decent.

saw a preview in the theaters tonight. also saw some dumb 'behind the scenes' thing before it where one of the actors was talking about how to drift by pulling the e-brake.:shock: *if i'm not mistaken...the e-brake has no role in drifting...*

I can see it now....a million ricers running around the streets sliding out of controll cause they are tryin to "drift" in their FWD cars :mrgreen:

Guest iskone

Man, I just payed attention to a comercial and now I may have retract my earlier stament of intenet to view this movie.

Isk

The lead actor was pretty cool when he was in Jarhead, I think his agent made a big mistake putting him in this one though. He would have been better off carreer wise taking something like Brokeback Mountain...... It's still gay, but at least it's openly gay.

Mike