HybridZ

Woo Hoo!!!!! I just won!

Alright...just gotta share with someone....I finally got my V8!!!

I just won an auction for a '95 Pontiac SLP Firehawk w/37K miles.

Car has very light damage to the front (didn't even reach the radiator support) and aside from that is in perfect shape - beautiful!

Now to get my hands on John's mounting kit....

It has begun!

Bryan

Dat240zg

Honestly, I've been pretty impressed with what I've heard about John's LT-1 setup and haven't heard a bad word about it.

In researching it, it seems like it comes down to personal preferences (JTR vs. John's).

Bryan

Honestly' date=' I've been pretty impressed with what I've heard about John's LT-1 setup and haven't heard a bad word about it.

In researching it, it seems like it comes down to personal preferences (JTR vs. John's).

Bryan[/quote'] Oh sorry!:oops: I thought you were going to buy the LS1 kit from Johns Cars, i forgot he offered the other kit. LT1 especially from a FireHawk rocks!:trippen:You can make back most of your money selling pieces from that. JTR is just a personal preference for me which is ironic considering Johns Cars is only a few miles from where i live.

Yup, sorry about that...got a little excited. I've been watching and waiting for a good deal to come around now for so long....sheez. I think that this last move was the third house I've trailered the Z to.

Hopefully, it'll be the last! Now to start selling off the parts....:)

Bryan

Thanks guys for the good words. As far as the Johns LT1 kit goes, it's hard to find. You have to go to both of his web addresses and one of them takes you to the LS1 info and the other takes you to the LT1 page.

Here's the LT1 page: http://www.johnscars.com/zcar/zcar.htm

And the LS1 page: http://www.brokenkitty.com/zcar/zcar.htm

Anyone else have any comments on John's LT1 kit they'd like to share?

I'm heading down to GA to get it tomorrow. I'll have to chronicle the trip/swap on my new website (not yet up).

I'm pumped!

Bryan

Dat240zg

I used the intake system from a Firehawk on my LT1, but it took some fabrication to make it work. If you're interested you can find more info on my web site.

I haven't heard of anyone using John's kit for non LS1 installs...it looks like it's more expensive than using a JTR kit.

Well, one blow out on the uhaul trailer later and I finally got the firehawk to Nashville for a stop over. The car is immaculate! I was surprised how many people were familiar with the Firehawk - seemed like someone was always stopping to ask questions about it at every fill up - which was fairly often. I think that the Titan is getting around 12 mpg with the car and trailer, but tows like there's no tomorrow!

The car ended up being so nice that I'm really feeling a little guilty about parting it out. Oh, wait...guilty moments over, back to good thoughts about that LT1 + my Z!

Bryan

Dat240zg