HybridZ

Pinks Video

scarp

i thought i heard the handing over of title was actually just for show, the respective owners still got to keep their car in reality even if they lost... true or no?

I have heard this also... any truth to it or is a gag order thype thing.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was part of it at the very early stages. Help get donations organized and I tore down the car and etc... Then something personnal between 73turbo240z and I came up so I forced away from the build. Now with hindsight i'm glad I wasn't near the problems that have arised from the pinks build crew.

Yes the holset was the same I was using. They waited untill the last second to do jobs they could have done 2 months earlier (no joke) and they used short cuts and no one there knew how to tune megasquirt on a l28.

I'm sorry to hear that was the case. I would liked to have seen one full up tuned, timing, turbo megasquirt working pass just to see what the build was capable of.

I wonder if pinks couldn't be approached about doing a show centered around the SEZ shootout and some of the cars that show up there?

There is no cheating in street racing or Pinks! It's how fast your car is and how much you can fool the other team into thinking it's slower than it really is.

Two requirements:

1. Bring the fastest car - if your car has the power, you can control the negotiations.

2. Have enough experience to be quick enough on your feet to come up with rebuttals to every argument the other team might make.

Unfortunately, you guys just got out negotiated. 383ci V8 w/ NO2 and 510hp is a far cry from a 170ci I6 w/ a Turbo and FI making 370hp and we have no idea how much torque that Monte was making, but from the wheelie it managed on the launch, it's not hard to imagine it was considerable.

That will make up for a lot of the weight disadvantage it has with proper gearing, tires and a trans brake.

If you want to win on Pinks! bring the fastest car and don't be the one who has to beg for lengths.

There is no cheating in street racing or Pinks! It's how fast your car is and how much you can fool the other team into thinking it's slower than it really is.

Two requirements:

1. Bring the fastest car - if your car has the power' date=' you can control the negotiations.

2. Have enough experience to be quick enough on your feet to come up with rebuttals to every argument the other team might make.

Unfortunately, you guys just got out negotiated. 383ci V8 w/ NO2 and 510hp is a far cry from a 170ci I6 w/ a Turbo and FI making 370hp and we have no idea how much torque that Monte was making, but from the wheelie it managed on the launch, it's not hard to imagine it was considerable.

That will make up for a lot of the weight disadvantage it has with proper gearing, tires and a trans brake.

If you want to win on Pinks! bring the fastest car and don't be the one who has to beg for lengths.[/quote']

To frame it like this makes me think the competition might be as disappointed as we are, makes it sound like it wasn't "sporting".

I disagree with how they run the race, but I do watch it regularly, even in re-runs.

Sorry, this is just an observation from watching it since it was first aired.

I'm more interested in what kind of conversations go on between 'potential' competitors and the Pinks! staff. Particularly their 'experts'.

How are the show and the mach up presented that lead to such inequalities in the competitors...

If any of the Pinks! team members could shed some light on this, we might get a better understanding of how it works behind the scenes.

Cheers,

Wade

I can start a torrent to share the file. But I have to throttle my bandwidth to 5k/sec (serious gamers, and even sharing our 40k/sec is hard) but once more people have it we should get some good speeds going.

Ok, torrent is up. I personally recomend azureus for a torrent program, but any program should work. If you're behind a firewall you might have issues with port access.

http://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=PINKZ