HybridZ

Never thought I would see THIS car drifting!

CruxGNZ

Although it seems like a lot of people on HybridZ are not into drifting...I like it. I've been to a couple of drift events and found the actual driving very entertaining. I've also watched some shows about drifting and the skill involved with keeping a car under control when it looks like it's not.

That being said, I could do without all the other crap surrounding these events and shows to make it appealling to the younger crowd.

As far as this car goes...I kinda like it. Not really sure, but it's definitely different.

I'm not a drift fan, mainly due to the hype, but my first reaction that picture is "Wow that's a very valuable car to use as a drift tool".

I'm not sure it's a real Superbird but if it is I'm surprised a person with enough knowledge to own one of them would have the bad judgement to modify it that way.

After a closer look at the picture, it's not a real bird, but a tube frame car with a pretty good fake bird body, so go ahead drift the hell out of it if you like.

Wheelman

These are the kind of people that make me have no hope in life. It is bad enough the Viper is in drifting but not a real MOPAR muscle car. Who cares if people are drifting 240sx and japanese cars no ones heared of, just dont touch real cars(mopars and z's).

78 280z 2+2 Project car

Guest l28et

Some people on here are some serious wet-blankets. Ya'll must be MISERABLE to hang out with. That said that's your opinion and I'm all for having one of those so heres mine........ Get over it. Its not "wrong" to use a Z or a Mopar, whatever.. for drifting, dragging, autoxing, WHATEVER. If someone wants to buy/build/and use a car to their liking, so be it. Personally the last thing I want to see is another Barret Jackson sale ready resto-rod or a gutted/tubbed/caged drag mopar. Classic formula that works, but theres nothing wrong with something different.

As for the car, Im not sure... it looks pretty cool but the wheels are, meh. Would be cool to see some videos of it.

Some people on here are some serious wet-blankets. Ya'll must be MISERABLE to hang out with. That said that's your opinion and I'm all for having one of those so heres mine........ Get over it. Its not "wrong" to use a Z or a Mopar' date=' whatever.. for drifting, dragging, autoxing, WHATEVER. If someone wants to buy/build/and use a car to their liking, so be it. Personally the last thing I want to see is another Barret Jackson sale ready resto-rod or a gutted/tubbed/caged drag mopar. Classic formula that works, but theres nothing wrong with something different.

As for the car, Im not sure... it looks pretty cool but the wheels are, meh. Would be cool to see some videos of it.[/quote']

X2

High five for being different, but it feels a little hack-job to me. I'm not much of a fan of the high-wing mopars anyway, something about the big-bird beak seems baind-aide-ey to me...But this guy is right up there with Bubba-drift for representing the dirty south for all the drift community to see, crimson neck blazing in the sun!

I'm with you all the way, I love drifting, I'm not into the whole FWD fake-type drifting, but the real thing. So people with a 500hp viper can't slide around a corner, or anyone in there high-horsepower car can't slide either? It tends to happen, why not have fun doing it? I used to put my 4-banger truck sideways all the time, and it is one of the most fun things I can think of, drag racing and autox can't touch the adrenaline rush when your not sure if your gonna spin out or slide. I plan on taking my Z to some drift meets, once its back on the road.

These are the kind of people that make me have no hope in life. It is bad enough the Viper is in drifting but not a real MOPAR muscle car. Who cares if people are drifting 240sx and japanese cars no ones heared of' date=' just dont touch real cars(mopars and z's).

78 280z 2+2 Project car[/quote']

Maybe you forgot to read the rules and guidelines of this site. http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=59&a=2

Get off the purity American muscle car only soap box.

Tyson

These are the kind of people that make me have no hope in life. It is bad enough the Viper is in drifting but not a real MOPAR muscle car. Who cares if people are drifting 240sx and japanese cars no ones heared of' date=' just dont touch real cars(mopars and z's).

78 280z 2+2 Project car[/quote']I don't understand this whole attitude about drift cars, but at the last drift event I was at the best car on the track was a Viper. I think its a great platform to make a drift car and the driver really knew how to put all that torque to good use. He was able to make the most effortless 360s at speed I've ever seen. This was at the Long Beach Grand Prix, and it was great to see these cars go around the same track as the Champ cars.

Whats interesting to me is that the Grand Prix crowd, which is generally a little bit older crowd, seemed to be more receptive to drifting than some members of this site. Many people in the crowd didn't even know what drifting was, but when they saw it they instantly loved it. Out of all the racing that weekend, the drifting was probably one of the most entertaining races...and it wasn't even a race (just a demonstration)!

Don't knock it unless you've actually been to an event and experienced it for yourself. Who cares whether its a Ferrari, Volkswagen, Mopar, or whatever; just get over it already.

Where the hell did all of this come from? I see a slammed Superbird clone drifting, which I thought was unique and some of you guys freak out... damn. To each thier own guys, to each thier own.
I know, this is the first post I opened today and had to check to see if I was on classiczcar instead!

Don't knock drifting until you've been to a real event. Here in atlanta, at the formula D, Bubba Drift has always been a crowd favorite. Its a flat black early 80s el camino.

I'm with you all the way, I love drifting, I'm not into the whole FWD fake-type drifting, but the real thing. So people with a 500hp viper can't slide around a corner, or anyone in there high-horsepower car can't slide either? It tends to happen, why not have fun doing it? I used to put my 4-banger truck sideways all the time, and it is one of the most fun things I can think of, drag racing and autox can't touch the adrenaline rush when your not sure if your gonna spin out or slide. I plan on taking my Z to some drift meets, once its back on the road.

You need to build a faster race car. When you get into a really fast autox car there isn't so much difference as to not knowing whether the car is going to spin out, the difference is what you're doing when you're preventing it. In one you're artificially getting the car sideways in a power slide causing this sideways condition just specifically for the reason of being in that state, and in the other the car is actually 4 wheel drifting because you're riding just on the edge of traction and NONE of the tires can keep up with the lateral loads you're throwing at the car. Lot of car control in drifting, but there's more technical prowess and difficulty in driving really really fast IMO. Then there are the rally drivers who do it all at the same time. :D

I hate the drifting scene, but come on guys, this is Hybrid Z. We can't play to the least common denominator here (purism). If people like drifting, they should drift whatever the hell they want. Pop, you're right about the Dukes of Hazzard, but it wasn't just the new one that had drifting. The show from the 80's was full of drifting too. They just didn't have 20 series tires on 18" rims on the General Lee that had 8000 in/lb springs and rode 2" off the ground like the 240SX, AE86, etc that are so popular in the drift scene (and repulsive IMHO).