HybridZ

Showcars Bodyparts, My experience

mark

So I shouldn't send him a money order for the IMSA bulged fenders?

He said they would take a few weeks to be made, 3 or 4, and then they would ship... has anyone received any parts from this guy, or just that the parts that they get aren't up to par?

Both for me. He gave me that same 3-4 week crap, took 2 months and then the front bumper needed a lot of work to make it usable. The front spoiler did not fit my 280Z, I believe it was for a 240. I called and he just seemed annoyed and would not even consider a refund. I can only imagine how long it would have taken to get my money back even if he would have agreed to a refund. I made the bumper work but the spoiler is still in the garage. My advise.. run away, run away.

Funny, i was just looking at this website...

I found it interesting, cause they were inexpensive and already in Canada, I tought I'd save on the shipping, but now, I'm prety sure I won't order from them.

:?: SO, what is the best place to buy floors and engine bay frame rails for a 240???

Thanks guys, for making me save a bundle.

Funny, i was just looking at this website...

I found it interesting, cause they were inexpensive and already in Canada, I tought I'd save on the shipping, but now, I'm prety sure I won't order from them.

:?: SO, what is the best place to buy floors and engine bay frame rails for a 240???

Thanks guys, for making me save a bundle.

Here is your answer. Even in your neck of the woods. Great products and service. http://www.datsunzparts.com/

So I shouldn't send him a money order for the IMSA bulged fenders?

He said they would take a few weeks to be made, 3 or 4, and then they would ship... has anyone received any parts from this guy, or just that the parts that they get aren't up to par?

DON'T

BUY

THOSE

FLARES

I went there for the same flares. let me tell you what happened.

1) He wasn't there when he said he would be

2) He wasn't there for 2 hours

3) I got stoned off the resin smell in the store-room (BONUS!)

3a) got illegally stoned with one of the cool workers who was there waiting for the boss too (BONUS x2! + double high!)

4) When he got there, he told me the prices on his website were US prices... FINE

5) He started looking under some flares for corvettes and other larger cars, and pulled two fenders out that he said were IMSA flares.

6) He offered a ride to the gas station so I could extract money from my account.

7) I waited for the ride, while he was on the phone arguing with someone who was to receive a mustang hood

THE IMSA FLARES did not look anything like the ones on the site, the ones on marc rolstons car, and the ones you want. BUT i bought them anyways because they were somewhat stylish. HOWEVER, they were horrible quality.

Upon leaving, a friend of mine who went with me said "My friend mark can make you way better fiberglass flares, or atleast give you the stuff you need to make your own"

Sure enough, I went to his house with my friend, and he gave me 10 meters of woven aircraft grade glass sheet, and 10 meters of stranded sheet for 10 bucks.

HE IS A CON ARTIST, HE IS VERY UNORGANIZED, AND HE DOES NOT KNOW WHERE THE ♥♥♥♥ HE PUTS HIS STUFF.

OH, and just to let you all know... most of his stuff is stored OUTSIDE. EVEN THROUGH WINTER. So if you buy something from him, expect it to be warped, damaged from winter cold and summer sun, and a horrible piece all together. I did see some nice pieces in his shop, and I'm willing to bet he bought them to copy them... And i saw a Gnose there too. and it was awful, sitting in a shed outside in the cold, ready to be repaired because the front bumper was cracked all over.

So the best advice I can give regarding ROB @ showcars body parts is...

dont do drugs. you may end up buying shitty fibreglass parts.

k.. sorry..

:wc:

I guess the 280YZ kit is way more reputable, and not much more money, for the rear flares anyway. The fronts will be custom or maybe I can find some nice ones to match the rears.

I'm just looking out for you man.

I don't want to have to toss a case full of jars filled with gasoline and mulched ivory soap bars into his stock pile and put an end to his bullshit and swindling once and for all.

Of course I'd need a match. so lets not strike one with another sour business deal from showcars. From what I've read and heard, I'd rather he burned to the ground the conventional "customer service" way.

agree?

To All who are concerned this guy is a CROOK, Ive have had 1st hand experience with this guy..5k worth of experience..believe me i would never badmouth anybody who did not deserve it,but this guy......

Sorry, very sorry to hear. I can't believe this guy is still in business!

• 2 weeks later...

He called me back, and I told him my view in the situation and he said I should have someone from the forum possibly stop by and take a look around, I don't know if he tried to change every thing around or what.

But I guess he is trying to get my money.

He accused you guys of also being fiberglass MFG's and slandering him. LOL.. I said its a forum, where people share their views, not sell things. Not one of you has tried to sell me anything, except sex. Anyway.

Anyone feel like stopping by? I should call him and ask him to take pictures of the exact fenders that I would be buying and send them to me, why the hell have someone else run his errands.

Just walk away. The guy is a scamer. He has been doing this for a long time. As a test, give him a deposit, your purchase will be caught in the "it'll ship next week" trap. You will not see your money again and if you are lucky, one day in the distant future you will get some really crappy parts.

By the way, I'm not a fiberglass guy, just trying to spead the word and help you keep you hard earned dollars in your pocket not his.

He called me back, and I told him my view in the situation and he said I should have someone from the forum possibly stop by and take a look around, I don't know if he tried to change every thing around or what.

But I guess he is trying to get my money.

He accused you guys of also being fiberglass MFG's and slandering him. LOL.. I said its a forum, where people share their views, not sell things. Not one of you has tried to sell me anything, except sex. Anyway.

Anyone feel like stopping by? I should call him and ask him to take pictures of the exact fenders that I would be buying and send them to me, why the hell have someone else run his errands.

He promised the same thing to us. its your money man.

I work in fiberglass/graphite ,kevlar and other composites his items for sale are not even close to decent.. brittle tabs,no reinforcement in the points needed, Thin areas, crappy fiber hair used, bubbly,lots of contours missing from the part etc. etc.

Guest nissannutz

thats scary i emailed them and they called me back 15 minutes after sending i was going to buy the wide body kit and show up there to pick it up.