HybridZ

LS7 engine swap pics

I know that this is a Datsun site but wanted to let people know what I have been up to. And yes I still love the Z-Cars..

1993 rx7

ls7 t56

510rwhp right now.

Pictures are from Sports Compact Cars USCC that I was competing in 2 weeks ago.

Video RX7 vs 680RWHP Skyline

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/57d56a78-98fc-4b08-9427-981b011a528e.htm

My car is set up for road Racing but it still runs ok at the drag strip.

Best so far 10.5@136mph NA This was done with 620lbs springs on the car.

Kauai_2006_048.jpg

Kauai_2006_042.jpg

Kauai_2006_038.jpg

Kauai_2006_021.jpg

Kauai_2006_016.jpg

Kauai_2006_015.jpg

Kauai_2006_014.jpg

Kauai_2006_005.jpg

Damn, must be nice having 510 rwhp and zero turbo lag. That's crazy. How are those NT-01's?

The NT01 are good track tires and they are still ok for traction from a stop. They have stiff side walls so you can not drag race with them too good. I took my car to SearsPoint to see how they would do in the 1/4 with the NT01's on the car. My best was 11.30@130mph but not bad for a road race tire.

I had to give the skyline a 2 car head everytime so he could get the big turbo going. I would catch him and then we where even all the way unil I hit my redline in 4th and then he pulled off. I should have put the car into 5th but we where allready going too fast.

How did you eliminate the understeer that your are sure to get with so much more weight over the front wheels?

The car gained only 28lbs from the swap. My car has some oversteer but it is a very neutral car. With the ls swap the car is now 50/50 weight balance.

The car gained only 28lbs from the swap. My car has some oversteer but it is a very neutral car. With the ls swap the car is now 50/50 weight balance.

Ok....that sounds too good to be true - only 28lbs.... never thought 13B was so heavy, but i guess you know better here. Nonetheless a great car - congrats!

That is so sweet. I just picked up an LS1 drivetrain for my RX7, but I was thinking of pickin up an LS2 for the extra displacement, but then I thought, heck, it will just be a matter of time before the shortblocks become available (either LS7 or 427 ci LSX) in large quantities. I'm not gonna pony up the megabucks for an LS7 crate motor. It'll be only a matter of time before the z06 folks start crashing them. I assume from your hoodline that you use the Hinson type conversion as opposed to the Granny's?

LOOKING GOOD MIKE!!!!! I've been hearing little snippets about how wicked your RX-7 was going to be. Great looking car' date=' and clean swap as usual. Now lets just get a video of you and Ulises lineing up :P .

Tyson[/quote']

Looking forward on going to the track with Mike soon!

This thursday we should wire all the gauges and try and finish the brakes issues,One of the rear cylinders gave up when we were bleeding the brakes last week so we need to do it all over again.