HybridZ

Healthy debate wanted....should I flame my Z?

v8wannabe2

I'm very impressed with your flame work and it would look good on the Z, but that is your choice: how much, where on the car, etc. I think you paint them well enough that they would look great on the car.

How long have you been painting flames and how did you learn the technique? Do you paint for a living or is this a hobby? Flame any other cars as well? It all looks good!

Davy

If you are going to do flames, true flames are the way to go! I'd put my vote for having them come out of someplace that would make it look like the car was actually on fire, like the cowl area near the vents and inspection lids, also on the sides behind the wheel well. I'm all for in your face paint schemes, and besides, it's only paint, right?

So much for the debate idea, thanks for the feedback. DavyZ, I've been painting traditional flames on junk around the garage for 2-3 years (the toolbox was done by with masking tape and spray bombs)..never a full car. After watching a lot of Overhaulin' and Rides, especially Mike Lavalle I decided to pick up the airbrush and start playing.

Here's a pic of the stuff I used to do the backsplash. Regular old rust paint, the template I cut out of cardboard (you can buy solvent resistent versions). First I fogged in the red just to create the rough shape, with the orange I used the template to create the lines and a lot of the yellow work was with the template trying to accent the existing lines.

DSC01258.JPG

car_pics_aug_1306_0011.jpg