HybridZ

Video: 300ZXTT whupped by a Saturn!!!

RacerX

Saturn offers a stage II kit for the Redline Ion that consists of 4 injectors, an ecu reflash, a smaller pulley, and a new belt which brings it up to 246hp. This costs just under $1k for the parts (I know this because I work in a Saturn parts department). It's not much of a stretch to think that you could get a further 40hp from that like they are claiming, especially once you put all the stickers in. Something to think about: The driver was holding the camera, so who was shifting? Probably an automatic. I suspect the Z was an NA auto car, which = super sluggish.

I personally know a guy with a 330whp Saturn SC2 that is running megasquirt. You can make a saturn fast, no question. Is it cheap or easy? not really. Is it reliable? not really. Would I rather be seen in a Z32, or an ion redline? Z32, but mine wouldn't be automatic, even if it was NA. If I had video of me losing to an entry level econobox in a street race, would I post it online? Let me check my magic 8-ball...."signs point to no."

Read this post and thought I was on zcar.com with all the dissing of the Saturn and excuses for the Z32. Is it that hard to accept that a Saturn can beat a Nissan?

Scottie, it's pretty hard to swallow. I was very disappointed/shocked with that Z32. My first thought was what was wrong with it. That has to be the slowest Z32 I have seen. Sure a Saturn can beat a Z, but it could've at least been exciting. This video reminded me of when a friend lost a race with his 280Z to a Ford Probe.The license plate frame on the Probe read "Eat my dust". I LMAO even now just thinking about it. He was devastated that his "race car" lost to a probe. The best part of the story was what he referred to as a "race car" was a stock 280Z with a Momo steering wheel. Momo steering wheel=race car just like 10 stickers=50hp. Still makes me laugh.

I suspect the Z was an NA auto car, which = super sluggish.
ive kicked some serious ass in a z32 N/A auto..even though its top speed is only 128MPH

(i red lined it in OD on a flat 1 mile section of road) (this was also before i bumped the rev limiter to 7600 RPM)