HybridZ

show your shop/garage thread (origanization tips to!)

hoov100

well my garage is a single car one in the duplex we live in has 1 power outlet.. and its wayy to small its annoying to work on anything in there atm and it looks like a bomb went off in there. only a couple feet on each side of the car to work none in front and about 4 behind it BUT it is better than nothing........ will post a few pics of the mess in a few mins here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing about exposed rafters that I've been thinking of lately... It would be much easier to put in skylights. I want my next garage to be full of skylights. Too much lighting is never enough. My current garage has 4 4' long flourescent lamps and a bunch of incandescent bulbs and it is DARK in there.

Here is mine, I recently bought this place over the summer and I am enjoying it. Lots of room, and it has drawers with roller bearing casters wheels - so they glide - tons of storage and very bright! Has its own urinal and wash-up sink - so no more treking grease and grime into the house. It also has AC and heat in there as well and a Sony mini system - just loud enough (probably enough to annoy the neighbors..LOL), it has a cable coaxial outlet but I have no TV in there.

Its a mess right now as the Datsun is in a million pieces with the engine rebuild and I have a lot of moving boxes still laying around. Clean-up coming soon.

Regards - Yasin

206384773.jpg

206384727.jpg

206384763.jpg

206384744.jpg

206384734.jpg

206384801.jpg

206384790.jpg

One thing that I have is and old office desk. It is one of the big old metal ones. I took the legs off and added wheels. I can roll it around it will hold an engine block and I can roll it out of the way when not needed.

Most of the time you can find them for around 10 to 20 bucks and where can a set of drawers for that.

Well we just moved into our new house in Vegas, and I have not finished setting the garage up yet, and have no pics (coming soon). But imagine if you will, 20' x 20' single door. Epoxy coated floor. shelf units down both sides. Standard Craftsman Rollaway toolbox (cheapest one they got). Home-made workbench (very sturdy). small fridge. water cooler. All of my datsun parts are in Rubermade clear bins.

The folks We talk with regularly about commercial construction have a saying about skylights... There are those who leak, and those that will... I'll add a few more lights and leave the daylight to things outdoors! :2thumbs:

Mike

Hmm. My parents put skylights in their house when I was 7 or 8 years old. Still there, no leaks. I'm 31 now, so... ???

Mine is still under construction, should be done by mid December.

Dan, the construction is looking good (looks like Grumpy's almost) and it looks large as well. I admire anyone in CA in an urban or suburban environment that can get something like that done, costs and permits be damned. Lookin' really good.

My garage is an embarassment; worse looking than Tim's "before shot." I'll get the building crap out of it one day...

Davy

damn yasin I love that garage

Many thanks! It is a nice place to work...trust me I have done my time in the trenches...living in a basement apartment lying on the ground with snow all around (and down my back) me doing oil changes etc etc on my old Datsun truck when I lived in Toronto....still gives me shivers!

Yasin

Mainly storage and workspace for project cars. I put in two 16' long x 4' wide by 8' tall sections of pallet racks for parts/general storage.

I'd like to frame off a game room inside. I still need to run electricity, wire for lights and outlets, install insulation, add a bathroom, etc....

:cheers:

Don

DMANOZ57

I showed your garage to my wife......she looked at me and said......

"youll just have to get by with your current garage,its 400% bigger than the shop you worked in for 30 years,AND IM not building you, or letting you build, a bigger one just because some guy on the internets got a bigger one than you and your not getting anything for x-mas either, that garage cost me well in excess of what we planed as it is!"

YESSSS DEEER.......LITTLE, DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT ALL THE NEW TOOLS IM PLANNING ...HAAAAAA!!!