Post your photography!!

tfreer85

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the rig by itself... It's a custom rig that I put together. There is a company that sells rigs that is very easy to copy for a lot less money that I've put into mine and for what they are charging... www.automotiverigs.com.

The shutter speeds vary from car to car and lighting conditions. On the Corolla, the shutter speed ranged from 2-5 seconds. On this turboed Miata, they ranged from 10-30 seconds.

ryanrollingrear1.jpg

If there are any other questions you have, ask away.

-Daniel

corpcrim

Yeah. Did you just photoshop out the camera boom in your pics?

I sure did. The hard part is the post processing after the shot is taken.

This is what I see from the viewfinder.

I hope you mean that's what you see with a laptop wireless feed or something. cause if you're looking through the viewfinder on that shot, either you're a fast skateboarder, or you're hanging off your rig by your camera.

if the later, i'd be curious to know how much paint those suction cups suck off when removing them if they can hold that much weight... LOL

j/k.

that rig looks very well built, and you use it like the pro you are :D

• Administrators

This morning, wife and I took the Max into downtown Portland for the Saturday market and a little grub.

In some circles, Portland is highly regarded for its architecture. I've been to a few cities that I feel trump it, but it definitely has character. At the very least, its quite diverse (like its people). One shot from today...

Arch.jpg

Ron,

Did you shoot that in RAW or flat-file JPEG? if jpeg, use photoshop's "Shadows and Highlights" filter under the "EDIT" menu to bring some of the shadows back into where the highlights blow out the contours of the leaves and sphere shapes on the main arch of the building.

I think the sharpness and angle and composition! is just about perfect :D

• Administrators

Did you shoot that in RAW or flat-file JPEG?

I haven't yet ventured into the land of RAW. Its on my 'to do'.

if jpeg, use photoshop's...

You assume I own a copy of PS :wink:

...where the highlights blow out the contours of the leaves and sphere shapes on the main arch of the building.

I agree... the burned out mid-frame has been bugging me. If I get some time next week I'll take a poke at fixing it.

I think the sharpness and angle and composition! is just about perfect :D

Thanks!

I agree... the burned out mid-frame has been bugging me. If I get some time next week I'll take a poke at fixing it.

I don't think it hurts this photo. As a matter of fact, if the lighting was perfect on this shot, it would become boring and just another shot. The harsh lighting gives it some dramatic bite.

I haven't yet ventured into the land of RAW. Its on my 'to do'.

mmmm....hmmmm..

You assume I own a copy of PS :wink:

you... me... w0rds. :icon53:

I think cygnus brought up a good point. I think I would just leave it at a natural shot that had no post-processing. It does look pretty dramatic, like there's some ambient light in the background that could cause a scene to unfold as such.

Thanks!

thanks for sharing :D

And that bee shot looks awesome. It looks like he's nudging the flower with his face. LOL. horny bees.

• Administrators
I don't think it hurts this photo. As a matter of fact, if the lighting was perfect on this shot, it would become boring and just another shot. The harsh lighting gives it some dramatic bite.

I think cygnus brought up a good point. I think I would just leave it at a natural shot that had no post-processing. It does look pretty dramatic, like there's some ambient light in the background that could cause a scene to unfold as such.

Thanks for the advice guy's!

you... me... w0rds. :icon53:

:mrgreen:

And that bee shot looks awesome. It looks like he's nudging the flower with his face. LOL. horny bees.

That bee was going to town. Fun watching him.

• Administrators

Picked up a new gadget for the Nikon. These are a bit weak, but they were all taken within a few minutes of purchase... sitting in my 510...

HLKnob.jpg

WasherKnob.jpg

Vmoda.jpg

These are not cropped... they are 'as is' (with exception of the B&W morph). I think I'm going to like the new toy :wink:

• Administrators

Actually, I still only own one lense... I bought a set (3) of extension tubes. They're stackable, but those pics were all taken with a 36mm tube. The other two are 12 and 20mm.

With the 36mm tube, lense zomed to 200mm, focus goes from zero out to about 4 feet. I can literally focus on dust sitting on my lense filter.

Best part is they're pretty affordable... I paid $155 for the stack of three. I frequently see single tubes for $60-$80.