HybridZ

How much did you get your Z for?

Guest Stoggs

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see, i paid $500 a couple of months ago for a 1986 300zx turbo....with the turbo already sold off of it and a dead oil pump, and in about 3 weeks (at the latest) i will be paying $1500 + $90 for gas for a 1985 300zx turbo w/a stage 3 clutch, a t3/t4 turbo, and only 60,000 miles on the engine. all it really needs is a paint job and it would be essentially "perfect."

1972 240z, somethin around 800 bucks for it off of ebay, sat for like twelve years in some guys backyard. his fathers car, gave to him, never ran, gave to his son, never ran; i bought it, it runs!!! actually ran when i got it home, alittle oil and starter fluid. Now i got it runnin and after about a month of driving it from time to time, im about ready to strip it down, and paint the thing; completely stock

Which one?

1970 240z (1990) - $600

1971 240z (1992) - $300 (just a shell, the '70 was totally rusted out)

1972 240z (1992) - $200 (parts car)

1973 240z (1995) - $500

1971 240z (1998) - $750

1971 240z (2000) - $500 (shell, became my SBF swap)

*might have forgot one or two*

Of course if I had to tally the money I spent AFTER buying them, I've probably spent enough to buy a house in the Bay Area outright :shock::lol:

So THAT'S where all the early 240Z's have gone...

Yea I think I've owned 10 240z's total. I had a few others that served as donors or never got driven.....of course they were removed / sold by request of my wife. I'd probably have 5-6 cars at a time if she didn't say anything!!!! Don't get me wrong, she's helped with the cars, hell she bought the '73 for me when I started an LT1 / T56 swap back in '95.....

First ZX - Autotrader

Second ZX - Craigslist

I wish I would have known about craigslist before I bought my first. I might have ended up with a 240Z in good shape for the price I paid for the ZX. Then again I could have also had a mint 280ZX turbo. (i use the term "mint" loosly, meaning really good and clean shape)

Guest Snotcycle

i payed 1200 for the 1971 240Z, some factory aluminum rims, an extra tach and a clock on friday, .

Good: New clutch, 5spd, motor has less than 30k on it, new struts, new front brakes, new clutch master cyl, new 2" exhaust from the header back

Bad: The choke sticks, there are 2 spots of rust in the body, needs passenger floorpan(bad rust), needs driver door interior, needs driver seat leather needs speedo recalibration, sat for 2 years

Ugly: need a job

• 1 month later...