HybridZ

How much did you get your Z for?

Guest Stoggs

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid about $4K for mine which was in pretty pristine condition the only bad parts are weather/stripping and pannel between the hood that hold wipers that had a rust spot climbing out. Other then that solid floor pans and rockers. Oh yeah and the slightlly ripped driver seat...but crack free dash all original 1975 280Z.

Heres my 77 280z that I bought for $700. It didn't turn over when I first got it. I ended up fooling around with it found a lot of butchered wiring. Once that was worked out, everything worked great.

Dscn1599.jpg

At this point, It looks like this. I had a slight hood bender, so I have a flat black hood on it now.

DSCN1761.JPG

My first Z was $2500 and I bought it from the original owner. Was rear ended at 50 mph about a year and a half later. This has got to be 13 years ago now. Current Z was $1500, bought it 10 years ago. Also bought a 80ZX for parts for $500 running and drove it 150 miles home. Have also purchased an 82 ZX for parts with a blown head gasket for $150, and a rusty 72 for $100.

My brother-in-law Mat gets all the deals. Got a SWEET extremely rust free and mostly original 71 about 2 years ago for $500 (!), essentially bought a whole Z parts junkyard for $2000 (price was cheap but moving all the stuff was a bitch and a half). He now has another 240 and a ZX as well, but I have no idea how much he paid for those.

I paid $300 for my early '74 260z. The car had been sitting for who knows how long in a field, had to pump up the tires and put a battery in it but it started and drove onto the trailer. It is mostly rebuilt now and am just saving for a new engine and trans.

Guest 280ZForce
Just wondering, who found their Z on the internet, and who found it in a junkyard, etc? I havent found many on the net...

I found mine on the net... collectorcartraderonline.com is the site.

Got my first Z, a 1973 Fairlady Z in 1986 for 30,000 Yen. At the time that was $197.00 and was Okinawa, Japan. Shipped it to California courtesy of the U.S. Air Force 1987. Let someone drive it and they wrecked it in 1992.

1992 Purchased a 1972 240Z with G-Nose to try to fix the Fairlady, $500.00. Ended up selling because I could not repair The Fairlady.

2002 Purchased a running and drivable 1978 Fairlady Z 2+2 for $1,200.00 (Still working on it)

2003 a 1976 280Z Coupe was offered free on classiczcar.com to who ever would pick it up. Replaced the fuel pump, smogged, registered and gave it to my brother.

2004 purchased a 1976 280Z 2+2 for $300.00. Body was in decent shape and it ran so so. DMV fees were over $700.00 so I cut it up in the drive way for parts.

2004 was the high bidder on a 1976 280Z 2+2 listed on ebay, $155.00. Put a battery in it and drove it home. Used parts from the cut up 76 2+2 280Z to Get it looking decent. Sold to a friend.

2006 a 1978 280Z 2+2 basket case was offered on classiczcar.com. The guy spent over $4,000.00 for new parts from MSA. Included adjustable tokico's new bushing set, a factory new FI harness, and loads of other stuff. Gave him $500.00 for it all. Ended up cutting up the car because neighbor was pissed off and called the county on me.

2006 traded the fenders, hood, L28 engine, and R200 rear end out of the above basket case for a 1978 280Z coupe. Replaced the fuel pump and am now using it as a daily driver.

brown280z.jpg

6000$ cad for my 83 280zx n/a. I think it was worth every penny.

Wow, i know that's CAD but that's still a nice chunk-o-change. I'd like to see pics of this car.

$2,200 for my first 280ZX NA (80') and I paid too much. Good car, but I could have gotten a turbo for that price in good shape

$500 for the nest 280ZX NA (81') and that was what it was worth. Lots of missing parts and such. The previous ZX was a parts car after popping out of gear on a hill (e-brake would stick so i didn't use it... stupid stupid stupid).

I'm trying to score a S30 up the street but I've got nowhere to put it, so I haven't talked to the owner. It's either a 260 or 240 (i'm retarted and can't tell, but it doesn't have the huge 280 bumpers). Once I have a place to put it I'll talk to them about buying it. It's been sitting since they moved in 8 years ago. I'm hoping to get it for next to nothing. If it's a 260 or later 240 I won't pay more than $500 for it (maybe less). CA isn't in short supply....

Guest Stoggs

Hey, what do you know, I found two 240z's for $1200 just 1hr and a half away on collectorcartraderonline.com! One is for the body only, and the other has front end damage... Im going to call the guy and find out about the rust, etc.