HybridZ

How much did you get your Z for?

Guest Stoggs

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, i know that's CAD but that's still a nice chunk-o-change. I'd like to see pics of this car.

$2,200 for my first 280ZX NA (80') and I paid too much. Good car, but I could have gotten a turbo for that price in good shape

$500 for the nest 280ZX NA (81') and that was what it was worth. Lots of missing parts and such. The previous ZX was a parts car after popping out of gear on a hill (e-brake would stick so i didn't use it... stupid stupid stupid).

I'm trying to score a S30 up the street but I've got nowhere to put it, so I haven't talked to the owner. It's either a 260 or 240 (i'm retarted and can't tell, but it doesn't have the huge 280 bumpers). Once I have a place to put it I'll talk to them about buying it. It's been sitting since they moved in 8 years ago. I'm hoping to get it for next to nothing. If it's a 260 or later 240 I won't pay more than $500 for it (maybe less). CA isn't in short supply....

Its not perfect, but one of the best condition unrestored ones in town. The original owner was my highschool gym teacher, and i admired it every day (yes it was winter driven since new, and escaped with only a rust hole in the passenger footwell, and some rust behind the T-top seal. It was undercoated however)

280zxcontrastavatarcopyzw7.jpg

autumnlaneresizedko3.jpg

$2250 for my 1974 260Z. Seems like a lot, but you pay not to deal with rust. That and it runs.

Actually the worst thing on the car is the shitty paint job that will be blasted away this year. Anything rubber on the car is completely dryrotted and has to be replaced too. When I took apart the rear suspension this week, I swear it has less rust than my old 95 200SX SE-R did. Not bad for a 32 year old car.

- Greg -

Me and my Partner Steve had a fallen out and we went our seperate ways. He owned the Z-car that I built and he sold our Z-Car for $12,000.

The guy whou bought it did some inprovements and he sold it to a guy in PA. for $14,500 from what I hear.

Here is a couple of photos of the Zcar next to the Supercharged Z-car my brother and I have now.

Steve and I are friends again and he really misses that car.

John

side view of cars-1_thumb.JPG

steve and john1-1_thumb.JPG

Took me two weeks of talking to the previous owner. He kept babbling about how he had been storing it for seven years in preparation for it's restoration. Would not let it go! I finally said "you want to sell it or not"?

He made me promise that I would do a full, ground up restoration. New everything and he wanted progress pics along the way. It was his baby and he wanted it to go to a good home kinda stuff. Really strange actually.

I made the promise, gave him $500 cause he would never spit out a number. I think he was planning on giving it to me but hell....he wouldn't quit yacking about the good ol days and stuff. Got the title. Then broke the news. "Wadda ya mean stuff a V8 in it"!? He said!

He never made me promise to keep the engine a six!!;)

The rest of the promise I have kept..... so far......

Me and my Partner Steve had a fallen out and we went our seperate ways. He owned the Z-car that I built and he sold our Z-Car for $12,000.

The guy whou bought it did some inprovements and he sold it to a guy in PA. for $14,500 from what I hear.

Here is a couple of photos of the Zcar next to the Supercharged Z-car my brother and I have now.

Steve and I are friends again and he really misses that car.

John

We purchased the car we have now for $350.00 in rough shape. We also have a 74 260Z I paid $100.00 for it is in sad shape. I hope to be buying a 74 260Z ( one owner car ) that the owner started to backhalf and lost interest in for $700.00. The body is super clean, no rust,and no dents.He has all the original parts plus a narrowed nine inch ford rearend too. Jerry

Guest Death69

got another addition to the family!

1900 but has replaced floors, airdam, bre spoiler, ac, restored interior and its a 5 speed . its another 78 280z

I got my 85 for free. It had caught on fire around 1991, then after getting an entire fire truck's worth of water sprayed on the engine it sat untill 2004 when it was given to me. It then sat another six months before I decided to do anything with it. Now it's sitting again, but it now has a V8 and is inside, who knows what the future holds.

z_337_2.JPG

I bought this 84 slick-top in October as a donor car for my hot rod project. I paid $400 for the car and another $100 to have it delivered. The body was so rusty that when I cut the roof off, the back end broke and sagged to the floor. As of now this car is dead, it's in a million peices, probly the best thing that could have happened to it.

hot_rod_195_2.jpg

Bought the 260 for $500 about 9 years ago from my sister in-law. Picked it up in Calif. and drove to Bellingham WA. It had been sitting in a field for around 4 or 5 years. All I did was change the oil and flush the brakes. The broken blown out strut on the diver side rear hammered all the way to WA.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw mine on Craigslist for 2k. Called and offered the guy 1,300. I drove there that day (Just shy of 100 miles) handed him the cash and drove her home. It's got very little rust and I'm happy with it. Just sold the engine three days ago for 300 bucks...

So I'd say I paid half of what he was asking for it.

:wink:

Now waiting for an LQ4 + T-56 + S400 BW turbo...