HybridZ

LS swap is more powerful, more driveable than L6!

The weather here has cleared up some this week. Its still cold but clear and dry. So I've been out driving the new/old Z. I can't believe how much easier, better this car is to drive around town. I think after the old cammed up dual carbed L6 with the stiff clutch, this thing is just amazing. Fuel injection, softer clutch that is much easier to modulate smoothly, mountains of torque, and less weight on the front wheels (I think, haven't made it back to the scales yet) have just made it easier to drive around town. And when you do get some open road, it still makes me giggle. Spun the tires in 3rd on the freeway today at about 60. Oh what a feeling! Thanks again for all the Hybrid Z help.

Mike

I'm glad to hear, you are enjoying your Z.

I never weight the Z before the swap,I know I got rid of lots of weight removing the bumpers and other misc.

I have no carpet or stereo on my car now,I'm going to add dynamat for road noise reduction,Roll Cage,carpet and a nice stereo sytem.....The car now weights 2,640 Lbs. with a little over half a tank.

If I end up with around 2850 with a cage and full interior,I will be more than happy.....I still have room for power to compensate for the weight being added....

Changing your title. Next time try to make it so that we know what the thread is about before opening it.

:sticks neck out:

The title is so much of a DUH that I'm glad you said you did it because I didn't remember it being that obvious. I probably would have never opened it if it was originally titled as such. Or I would have opened it with the intent of saying some smart comment as a reply. No offense. I just don't like the title....:?

The point is not to make likable or clever titles. The point is to make the issue that the thread deals with clear, so that people searching know what it is. I can't remember what the original title was, but I think it was "You know what?" or something like that. If you're searching for, I don't know, fuel injector sizes and you come across "You know what?" you have to either assume that it isn't of interest or open it to find out. But when you search for fuel injector sizes and you come across "LS swap is more powerful, more driveable than L6!" you DON'T have to open it to find out what it is. THAT is what we're shooting for. Sounds like you don't like the thread, not that you don't like the title.

No offense taken, just didn't really think when naming the thread. I just can't believe how different and BETTER this car drives now. I drove my wifes 350Z last night for the first time since my swap. I seems so slow now. I still have a few small issues, and still no tach but have been out driving every chance I get.

Mike

Guest Crispy Chicken
But you've ruined the soul of your car!!!!! Oh no! What have you done!!!!

Ah hahaha, your right!!! I can't wait until my 427 warhawk is built !!! My Z is going straight to hell!!! :flamedevi