HybridZ

What's everyones occupation here at HybridZ!?

Guest caseyjones

I have been working with JDA on missile defense since 1999. We probably know some people mutually. Pete

I might have to exercise that option. Right now I want to go back to Western Montana and get away from the military but I may change my tune when my oldest gets out of HS. If I did stay in DOD I would want to get back into Missile Defense. I spent 2 years in Japan working on MD with the Japanese and space/missile technology proliferation is the future.

im just a regular old uneducated (kinda) joe. work in a factory 40hours+ a week. Letting my wie go to school full time so she can get done and get her job :). I started going to school for Machine tool and my credits are still good and i have about a year to 6 months left after i start back. But right now im jsut trying to stay above water and take as much stress off my other half as possible, so that she can concetrate on school. O btw she is going for Mechanical/Architectual Drawing and minoring machine tool theory/logic. pretty cool huh?:mrgreen:

PapaCreech - I'd LOVE to be a machinist - I'd feel like I was actually DOING SOMETHING USEFUL if that was my job - other than making fine pastry and doing BOOB JOBS, as grumpy points out!!! Many days my job is actually "powerpoint engineering" - making pretty view graphs/slides for management types about what the engineers are dealing with. All these credentials I have are not all that impressive to me. What IS impressive to me are people who MAKE THINGS, parts, businesses, software, etc.

People are curious about me:

I am leader of a secret ninja force. I train monkeys that compose our primary force to overthrow the "Man"...

uhhh wait uhum:

I Design check valves and pumps for a company. We sell to just about everyone, so you probably have used us. I have a patent for one of the worlds smallest check valves (no royalties) under the company. We have a great machine shop where I have made a lot of my 240Z. I do international trade shows. My title is "engineering manager".

I'm the chief estimator for a very specialized construction company. Being an Orlando based company we got our start working in the theme parks but have diversified into the zoo, aquarium, entertainment and museum markets. Really any venue that has an immersive or thematic type of environment is what we pursue. We don't build the buildings any more but create those environments mentioned above. It's difficult to explain so a picture is worth a 1000 words. The two pictures below show what the building looked like when we started on it and the finished product. Most of the skin on that building is fiberglass, pretty cool huh. The job is very demanding but I do love what we do. You can check out our website here.

Slide%20Temple%20Getting%20Started.jpg

Slide%20Temple%20Complete.jpg

i ama rn--after 30 years in er/icu/ccu/pacu and every other kinda u, i yam broken and living on ssdi and finding cars to fix and sell--first off i gotta sell parts 1986 na-----all the parts--put a for sale ad up--please help me. i gotta keep away from doing the receational pharm dist circuit and the pimp the naybor scene.........

Four months ago I was the copporate project engineering manager for a company in Texas. Took a job as technical manager in a facility in Washington and then 7 weeks later they went through a reorganization and downsizing and now I'm the site manager, tech manager and environmental, safety & health supervisor. To say the least things have been just a wee bit tense for the last month.

Im A Automation Tech At A Factory Here In Lexington Ky Ive Been There 10 Years Probably 3 To Long But Pay Is Ok.also Have Worked In The Natural Gas Buisness On Gas Fired Turbines For Tenneco Energy For 7 Years That Was An Enjoyable Job Learned Alot About Turbine Control And Such. But Honestly Other Than A Paycheck None Of This Means Anything. Family And Life Is Where Its At!!!!