HybridZ

What's everyones occupation here at HybridZ!?

Guest caseyjones

Wow!!!!!

I have just been in the military for the past 20 years as a aircraft mechanic on f-15s. I'm upper supervision now and dont turn wrenches too much anymore except on the hobby. have my associates degree in aircraft maint technology. will be starting my bach degree in something as soon as i decide what its gonna be.

Submitted my retirement paperwork and havent decided exactly what i want to do next. :mrgreen: not bad huh? retired at 38 and starting another carreer

after barely graduating high school, i was a:

bicycle mechanic

full time cyclist, finally made it to cat 1 on the road and semi pro on the mountain bike, for several years which is basicly pro w/o the pay check (rode for the Plymouth Pro Team)

quit after 96 olympic trials, (total BS for the olympic team selections)

started out as a helper for drywall / paint contractor

moved inside doing clerical for contractor

learned drafting by sitting behind the design team

tried to go to coledge for engineering but got bored of the classes

now full time structural engineer and own my own design firm at home designing large luxury homes (2 mil and up)

pay is good, hours suck

jimbo

I lived the Cat3/Amature MTB racer life from my late 20s and into my mid-30s... To become Cat1 you gotta live on your bike... MAJOR PROPS to you Jim for getting there! :2thumbs: I don't even ride my bikes these days, because just looking at them makes my body hurt all over...

Mike

I'm currently a student naval aviator. Kinda just starting out in the military. It's certainly better than getting flight hours and experience via the civilian route IMHO. Bob_H on the board here is an instructor in my squadron.

Before that I was a:

Flight instructor

Waiter

Baristo

Agricultural crew manager (summer job)

i'm assuming you're in the prop transition there? i was at corpus to do mine after pensacola. flew the beech king air's there at cc. i lived just down the street from cabiness field-used to go there to do some of my [secret] speed testing. used to tell the gate guard i needed to check the runways-when they were closed of course! this was back in '90.

I'm currently a student naval aviator. Kinda just starting out in the military. It's certainly better than getting flight hours and experience via the civilian route IMHO. Bob_H on the board here is an instructor in my squadron.

Oh I forgot to mention I started a business a few years back while I was laid off. Now I have a steady paying job again and the business really took off. It got to be sooo much work that I cut myself out, and gave it to my brother and sister-in-law to run. Yes, they owe me money but I enjoy watching my little bro make money with it.

Simple, Functional, High-Quality, Profitable.

Motorcycle Bar Anti Vibration Bar Ends.

http://www.hvmp.com

Engineer.

How I got here:

High School 1981

Associate in Art & Graphics Design 1983

Bachellor of Engineering 1986

Master of Engineering Technology 1988

Entered the corporate world July 25, 1988... 18 1/2 years later, Still have the same job function: making consumer products' packaging graphics' "printable" on high speed, long run, printing presses.

Dead man walking 2007

What do I do? I "Act". It seems like every word I say or action I do I have to carefully think over to make sure it's the expected behavior. I haven't been able to be myself in years. This Makes me think this isn't the best job for me but I'm stuck doing this now.

My boss is great, the people are great, not a lot of turnover so I've made lasting friendships. Unless they are all "Actors" too....

I don't love what I do. The way I look at it is:

1) I can tolerate it.

2) A few good people help me to tolerate the shytloads of bad people.

3) It's MY decision to stay.

4) It pays me so I CAN do what I love to do. (work on my Z, enjoy my free weekends, live in my hard earned house, and vacation with my family)

Four years in a sweat shop tied to a drafting table, and an a-hole boss for $10/hour makes me appreciate this corporate job I have had for the past 10+ years making an OK living as an engineer.

Sure I would love to design, build, test, rockets, explosives, z-cars....but I settle for designing boring machinery and boring consumer packaging.

I get my kicks on MY OWN TIME instead.