HybridZ

My S130 Project

rwdawg2

that is why my project is taking a while "YOU KNOW CASH AND TIME"

i am a UGA college student so it might take a while depending on if i sell my car.

o yeah if you guys know anyone who wants a 1996 BMW 328is (Montreal Blue) for $7500 please let me know.

selling that would boost the cash problem and i could make some time to finish the Datsun.

so just let me know guys.

thanks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seats in the gray car are factory. They were only installed on some of the '79 through '81 280ZX's. In the factory Nissan brochure for my '81 Nissan was listing my S130 as a "Deluxe" model. The black vinyl was more likely to be found in the '79 and '80 models. Alot of S130's that were shipped to the U.S. either had the low back bucket seats or these tombstone buckets but with velour upholstery.

the bumper was on there when my dad drove it. So it is just some 1980s fiberglass deal that he had bought when he drove the car.

I think you, Dadssun, and you, RWDawg, have helped me come to a major life decision.

First off, I must say I *do* prefer the s30 to the s130.. apologies, but its inevitable.

That being said, I have always preferred the look of the earlier s130s with the chromed pillar. That front spook, and those absolutely GORGEOUS seats, have sold me.

My 75 is going to stay NA probably its whole life, and when I feel ready to play with a turbocharger, I am getting me an early 280ZX to start with, black interior and hopefully those seats.

This is something of a revelation for me, since I've been idly dreaming about what I want to "do" with my 75 for 2 1/2 years now, and I haven't really been able to feel right with my conclusion that I wanted to stay NA with it. Now I know why I felt unsettled, and the feeling is gone. I am not going to REbuild my 280 when I want to go turboing, I will build me one of these, with that spook, (RWDawg) and those seats, (daddsun) and shaved door trim. Thanks!

I absolutely love s130s, but i've never seen one here in nz. anyone wanna swap a r30 skyline for one?:-P
George - you are looking in the wrong places - here is a pic of my new project car that I picked up last week. NZ New too - however if you are talking about a turbo S130 then you are out of luck they were not available here. However you could make one :)

No swap's sorry too much of a zed head.

280zx-home.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Im an S130 fan. and a 2+2 one at that! Im such a fan of thses damn cars that Im going for Z32 big brakes and coilovers modifyied from an S13. and my car is getting a 3.1L with a frankenstein head oni it. hopefully all will be done in time for MSA.

To MACK:

yeah i am going with the z32 transmission and i am going to make my own coilovers like slown'rusty. i am going with a ld28 crank and l28 rods and forged 87mm pistons.

i also have z31 brakes all around with rx7 alluminum 4 piston in front and stock 280zx calipers in the rear.

And B sosick:

who are you talking to about buying the headlight covers?

• 1 month later...

Dude, i like the s130. You go to UGA, ive never seen you around, i go to gainesville state's oconee campus, but im always in athens. Bring it to the Import Atlanta meet at sonic on ATL highway at 7:30 pm on monday the 7th. I want to see it. As for my s130, im doing an na build with flattops and a mn47 head, and ITB's. Right now my interior is getting an overhaul, complete with momo seats.

Another S130 two seat fan here, no new two seaters sold in AU so I had to import one, click on the link below the sig for gallery pics.

Its got me rooted why there are so few US S130 projects :confused:

Another S130 fan checking in!! Been on this board for a while now but just lurking around.

1980 280zx T-tops 2-seater manual tranny

When I first got her on craigslist..

DSC00011.jpg

Body work almost done and pretty much the way she sits now..

Front wheel drive Motegi Mr7 with 1.25" adapters

Historic plates on it now

S7001197.jpg

how do you post a large pic in your signature? Those mr7s look awsome i was going to do the same thing to mine. I wish mine came with t tops, but mine is a 79 slicktop.

That is not my signature. Mr7?? Yeah they do look good. I am actually putting on 17" MR7's with 225/45/R17 rubber this weekend maybe. For now, they are white unlike the gunmetals that are on there now. This thread is awesome guys! Keep 'em coming!!

Here is daddsun the S130 lover.. and his '81 and '82 280ZX Hardtops BOTH FOR SALE:

1981 280ZX Hardtop

DSCN2450.jpg

Dscn1212.jpg

Dscn1211.jpg

Dscn1210.jpg

1982 280ZX Hardtop

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN2446.jpg

DSCN2451.jpg

The black wheels are on the gray car. The 16x7/16x8 Epsilons are available for an additonal cost.

Email him if interested both cars are in the garage at his mom's house in Florida and he resides in Maryland. bobdadd@hotmail.com