HybridZ

What are your other rides...

KevinE

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't have a pic to post of my truck, but it's easy to picture I think: 91 GMC ext cab, 1 ton dually, 4x4, with a tbi 454. With 348K on it.

I fliped the breather over so it sounds like it's sucking in the world at WOT, and there's a leak in the Y pipe so it has that awefull GM exhast burble.. The paint is falling off the box behind the slightly cracked/broken dually fenders, and the tail gate, along with the rear bumper, are appropriatly dented/scarred. Sucks a bit of fuel, but it's fun to bomb around in and it's damn reliable!

Oh, I have my 85 RX7 too, needing the motor put in (355 sbc)and front brakes done.. stock other than the chev rear end and rediculous hood cowl for carb clearance.. :burnout:

that is a nice wrx. I have two Zs, one is perfectly driveable, but I want to do some work to it before it becomes my daily driver. the other one is in good condition except for the fact that the motor is on my front porch. my daily driver is a 00 eclipse Rs. it is good on gas and looks nice, so I will use that until my Z is where I want it, hopefully by the end of the summer i'll be close.

My toy, 2005 R1 supposedly it makes 180 hp. I don't know because I can never find a need to use it all. Most of the time I live in Guam where I can do double the speedlimit anywhere on the island in 1st gear.

302807760_l.jpg

My last one was a '97 VFR750, way more comfortable than the R1, and it seemed easier to ride fast. Then I crashed it.

274513104_l.jpg

284224793_l.jpg

I always wanted a WRX...visions of back roads rally, four wheel drifting throwing gravel at triple digit speeds... but alas the woman would not have it. She prefers the Hondu accord! Not much fun.

So, I've been shopping over 3 months for a Boxster, and finally scored a great deal on a 02 S. It's on a transporter from FL right now. I can't wait!!! It's not real fast, but the balance of power, brakes, and handling is hard to beat for the money. Plus I'm a rag top man. Woohoo! This sounds hokey, but the engine sounds in the back are pure magic.

Supposed to arrive sometime late this week. I feel like a kid before Xmas. Hard to sleep.

Well my wife and I had a '95 Camry that did us really well for 217k miles . . . .then i wrecked it a couple months ago. So we compromised, we needed another 4 door sedan that would be good in the winter months, etc. So the insurance ended up giving us $3900 and I went shopping. Somehow I managed to come how with this beauty for $3200! This happens to be a Platinum Limited Edition which is quite rare. Anyways, original owner, mint condition, just a motivated seller.

'96 Platinum 850 Turbo

2.3L 5cyl turbo rated at 225hp. . . so I slapped a boost controller on it and jacked it up a few pounds and now it runs high 14's in the quarter with my satellite radio and full leather interior, heated seats . . . hahaha. For $3200 ya cant beat that!

med_gallery_17929_78_51468.jpg

2002 WR-Blue WRX with TurboXS axle-back and extra boost piggy-back ecu. 17" BBS wheels. It makes 265 crank HP. I'm the original owner. It has 100K miles and I've never changed any fluids except the engine oil and washer fluid! It even has the original fuel filter. Someday I may do some maintanence but for now I'll keep working on the Z.

Oh yeah the coolant was changed when I had to replace the leaky radiator :wink:

Here is a pic:

The pad/rotors, radiator, air filter, tires, and fuel, are the only non original parts.