HybridZ

So please don't race on the freeways!

240Z_Master

A story hit a little closer to home on this one boys and girls. One of my dad's good friends lost his daughter early Friday morning after midnight. She's pretty much like my cousin in fact since our families were pretty close together.

Some of you in Southern California may have heard of this story already but my cousin was in the backseat of a Celica when the f*ckhead driver and his buddy were racing down the 60. So the Celica veers off into the shoudler to pass someone and hits a guardrail. All of them were friends but somehow my cousin is the one that dies from all of this nonsense. The two assholes are in jail now.

Please, we enjoy fast cars and fast rides, but keep it safe guys... my cousin just lost her life because someone wanted to go in a FWD car. We all know RWD owns all, but seriously... no one has to die. Keep it on the track or you'll end up on a rack (in the morgue).

http://www.racersagainststreetracing.org/

(Some vid clips in articles below)

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=5127801

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_R_street17.a419c5.html

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_075155947.html

http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-deadlycrash,0,6180821.story?coll=ktla-news-2

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1621887.php

Always keep it on the track. Your story is a very sad one and shows the worst of what can happen when street racing. I am sorry to hear that it happened.

Many people don't realize that there are many other down-sides to street racing as well. It creates a prejudice against the car hobby, raises everyone's insurance rates, induces further regulation of hot-rodding, and as shown above... kills people.

Seriously, I've heard these stories all the time, and watch the news and have heard of other people killed by drunk drivers and racers. It happens... but it never dawns on you until it's someone you know. Like I said, I just want to share a story to open all of our eyes and remember when we make stupid decisions, things will happen.

Thanks everyone for sharing my grief. I have always found HybridZ my home and it's filled with a buncha great guys.

Sorry to hear that about your cousin. I hope the families will stick together during this extremely painful time.

I need to teach my kids to force a stupid driver like that one to pull over, then break their arms. No way I want my kids killed in an accident like that with some piece of trash at the wheel. :mad:

Davy

My condolences.

Most accidents are attributable to ignorance and inexperience of the driver, both of which typically applies to "youths".

Completely agree... again with all ages and all drivers, mistakes are mistakes. Maybe you could be the best driver on the road yourself... but then you throw into the equation other dumbasses on the road and it's a whole new ballpark. It could happen to anyone.

Okay... I won't actually post a photo in the thread due to respect for other members who may be viewing this post. If you wish to view you can click the link. There's nothing graphic or horid, but I feel if you wanted to look, you would click at your own will.

But the link below has a photo of her (she is in the middle). It also shows the car afterwards, and a photo of her body on a gourney (covered, you can't see anything).

My cousin was a sweet girl who just turned 21 who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Once again, I thank all of you for sharing your grief with my family and hers.

http://gripjunkies.larrychendesign.com/Linda.jpg

I am so sorry to hear of your friends untimely passing. I had just finished my Watch and was heading home on the 60. I had passed that stretch of road not more than 20 minutes prior to the time of the accident. Otherwise, more than likely I could have been one of the initial Code Responders on scene. Almost nightly somewhere on that stretch of highway, I have "Ricers" wiz by me in and out of lanes, cutting of individuals and causing a lot of problems in general. Since that incident, the Perma Facia has been dropped to 55 MPH. There have been several more CHP's patroling that stretch of road. Nevertheless, it is tragic that your friend had to suffer at the hands of a couple of Idiots! Because of her death, these two young men will spend pretty much the rest of their natural lives in State Prison. Basically, they snuffed out their own lives, when she passed. Again, my deepest sympathy to this young ladies family and friends.

VAN

And still...someone will try to flame this, citing discrimination of young drivers in loud cars, something that has been going on ever since young drivers started modifying cars. (As if police profiling started with civics, ya right it started with model t's with no fenders and a caddy motor shoehorned in.)

It's just a shame that anyone has to die, but why is it always the ******* that gets a second chance? Intolerable. (even if he is going to prison he still gets to be alive, and he eventually will get out, and do the same stupid ♥♥♥♥, because most likely he will think he's an even bigger badass than he thinks he is now.)

And still...someone will try to flame this, citing discrimination of young drivers in loud cars, something that has been going on ever since young drivers started modifying cars. (As if police profiling started with civics, ya right it started with model t's with no fenders and a caddy motor shoehorned in.)

It's just a shame that anyone has to die, but why is it always the ******* that gets a second chance? Intolerable. (even if he is going to prison he still gets to be alive, and he eventually will get out, and do the same stupid ♥♥♥♥, because most likely he will think he's an even bigger badass than he thinks he is now.)

Well... he gets to live a miserable life knowing the fact that he killed his friend. I do believe in the forgiving aspect of life... but never the forget part.

I'm all for trying to keep kids from racing on the public streets, but some people just make bad decisions while in a car. To go on the shoulder to pass is 100% bad idea 100% of the time regardless of speed.

I won't condone racing, but even more so I won't condone stupidity among drivers.

I'm very sorry for your loss 240Z Master, and I hope that idiot learns how to AT LEAST learn the how/when of being an idiot on the street, if not getting to the point of ending all stupid behavior on the tarmac.

Stupid driving can kill people on tracks too, just a lot less likely.