HybridZ

Toyota v12 Limo engine

zgeezer

The video says 5996cc, and Wikipedia says 4996cc, I wonder which one is correct. Can anyone verify this, or are there 2 different toyota V12's?

If you look at the Japanese text within the video (which I cannot read), there is one time where there is a numeric 5 and a cursive L, so I assume that means its 5 liter?

You could get an extra liter with a 30 thou over bore. (If my math is right.) Toyota makes many sizes of pistons and one has to fit.

It is doable.

I do find the dyno power, although respectable, a little light. Twin turbos on a V6 could produce 500+ HP with relative ease. Or am I looking at KW power? He might be sandbagging for a future race.

You have to admit there is some serious eye candy under that hood.

What wheels are those?

the 1GZ-FE is the engine swap every supra owner talks about, but never does. I do think there's a guy in australia doing another one though.

The FE designation means it's valve design is for economy. If it were a GE designation, things would be different. It IS a 5 liter though, basically 2 1JZ's slapped together. It would have really been awesome if it kept the same bore/stroke as the 1UZ-FE V8, only 4 more cylinders (making it a 7.5 liter)

I'd love to do the swap to anything, but when a Century costs almost $13000 for a clip before importing it, as well as the total lack of readily available parts, the V12 from the BMW 7 and 8 series seems like a MUCH better, and cheaper, route to take. Chances are that motor is a bit more performance oriented then the GZ was ever meant to be.