HybridZ

What happens when your bored have tools but nothing to work on...

Some-Guy

well you take your 2 comps stacked ontop of each other beside your desk dismantle them and merge them into your desk drawer! Works pretty good except that if you pull the drawer all the way out you will smash the moniter and keyboard plug off... heat was an issue so I built that fan box today and slapped it all back together. It was a double drawer for files so I took the top handle out and put the burner there works pretty good.

My wife said I was a Supreme nerd. What do you guys think?

S6001266.jpg

S6001265.jpg

S6001263.jpg

S6001262.jpg

S6001259.jpg

S6001257.jpg

S6001256.jpg

S6001255.jpg

S6001254.jpg

S6001252.jpg

S6001251.jpg

S6001249.jpg

S6001248.jpg

HA!

I like it, thats one nice hybrid computer.

Question, why two computers in one Desk?

Suggestion, USB is so much more handy if its on the outside.

Also I have my computer set up so that it responds to a password startup, i.e. in the BIOS i have just set it up so that I type a password on the keyboard and the computer starts. That way you wouldn't need to open the draw to start the computer.

What are you using those things for? 5 harddrives for two mobos???

I have three for one computer, so I think that is justifiable. Just imagine how many car videos you could fit on there.

I would hate to see the emi and rf coming from those comps with no faraday cage around them.

my buddy integrated the chassis of a full tower case into a desk frame that he welded out of bed frame rails, with a piece of countretop on it.. he built a rack for his stereo receiver, and his speakers, too.. put the whole shebang on casters, and use to throw it in the back of his truck for parties etc.. like a DJ stand, sorta. I've always wanted to do what you did there, but never had a desk I felt like mutilating at all.. One of these days, though. Nice work, man, I like the fan box especially..

I have three for one computer, so I think that is justifiable. Just imagine how many car videos you could fit on there.

Do you really have that much junk? I could understand if they're 5 10gig harddrives but with 100 and 200+ gb harddrives you would have to be a sick puppy to need all of that.

Do you really have that much junk? I could understand if they're 5 10gig harddrives but with 100 and 200+ gb harddrives you would have to be a sick puppy to need all of that.

Sick puppy here:

I have an 80gb, a 120 and 200 all in the same computer, full until I recently got a 500gb YS (I took out the 120...).

I attempt to save every worthwhile Datsun pic or car video out there. It adds up. Quickly. Throw in numerous OS images and you's all filled up.

Oh, and for anyone contemplating a new HD, go SATA. You'll never look back.

Guest TeamNissan

Ya I use that much space too, guess wer all sick puppys lol.

P.S. Be carefull with what you keep around your desk because wood isnt a magnetic shield.

Hmm... sounds to me like its time to pester my father about procuring the next desk to go on sale or clearance for a good price at Office Depot (he is the manager of one an Office Depot). If I find one that could work for this sort of a project with some ease for a decent price I will place a link from the Tech-Depot site for others benifit (Office Depot online offshoot will almost always be cheaper to shop in the stores though).

I'm thinking we can do something about the magnetic shielding issue, with as much experiance and creativity regarding cars a desk should be a cake walk, heck to anyone who actually helps me with mine once I can spare the funds for it will litterally get a cake for their help.

you would have to be a sick puppy to need all of that

Well i guess i didnt mention that i do audio recording, so archives of that take up one 200 gig hardrive (I like wav), the 80 gig hardrive is for working, and the other is 120 is for my videos (z videos, rides, topgear, etc)

So yeah I guess that is a bit sick.

Easy to fill hardrives though, I remember back in 1997 I got a computer with a 4 gig harddrive, man I had a top of the line computer then.

I thought i could never possibly fill all that (and with a 56k modem i probably couldnt).