HybridZ

A few additions to my Car...

Mikelly

Here are a few additions to my Zproject track car...

PICT0009-1.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0021-2.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

I added the wing. The rear vortex generators are NOT attached yet. I'll mark up the car and place them once I can get the car washed and dry. Ton of dust on it right now... I also have some canards to attach. We'll see how they turn out.

Mike

Bought the wing on ebay and I did a search on google and found the vortex generators from another vendor who sold a lot of "stuff"... I unfortunately didn't book mark it, but I'll look in the paperwork later and get the maker's info and post it.

Mike

is that a apr wing? i bought on on ebay a couple of weeks ago. how did you end up mounting it and probably more importan is is that a standard hatch or a fg hatch. i have a fg hatch and am trying to figure out a good attachment detail.

more pics please.:-D

jimbo

Looking great Mike. When will it be ready for it's first track day?

Any shindigs coming up? I would love to see the progress first hand.

David, It's getting there. I hope to have it fired up by the weekend of the 21st of July, which is our next Mid-atlantic HybridZ Shindig.

I have a "non-PCA" event in October with Mazdadrivers that I'm doing with my stepson, at Summit point. I'd like to have it ready for that event!

Mike

is that a apr wing? i bought on on ebay a couple of weeks ago. how did you end up mounting it and probably more importan is is that a standard hatch or a fg hatch. i have a fg hatch and am trying to figure out a good attachment detail.

more pics please.:-D

jimbo

Sad to say, but I don't even know who made it. It came off an ebay auction and is an ABS unit that looks carbon-ish and is 57 inches wide. I took an hour centering and measuring. It's not 100% bolted down, as I need to replace two of the mounting bolts, but otherwise it's done. Mine is a metal hatch and I'll be adding backing plates to each side to make sure we have no serious issues with mounting.

Mike

These were a pack of ten in a box from a vendor... Lots of folks have been buying them lately... You don't have to get them from Mitsubishi.

I did a little digging and found the source for the ones on my car...

http://www.manufacturersdepot.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.577/.f

Also this is who I bought the wing from off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/55-UNIVERSAL-ABS-CARBON-LOOK-SPOILER-WINGS-WING-CAR_W0QQitemZ330126048348QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33638QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mike

Mike I just want to confirm your wing is a 57" and not a 55." I ask because the vendor you showed us carries almost all 55" wings. Should this be a concern or do you recommend the 57" over the 55"? Or should I not be concerned?

Thanks,

Tyson