HybridZ

Roll Call S30

Guest TeamNissan

Every time I see Aziza's Z, I can't help but drool. VERY pretty. Love the black trim (instead of chrome), where can one get those bits? They'd look nice on my 280Z^__^

thanks man. I didn't find a place that sold the black trim so i painted the chrome ones myself. i like the blacked out look better.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolness. So You sanded them down then hit them with black paint and a seal coat? Looks like I'll do that when I take the Z in for a repaint this summer. Thanks, Aziza:)

yea i just scuffed them real quick with light sandpaper and painted them with ppg black paint (any paint will work really thou). I didnt put any seal coat. Still looks good. been about a year since its been painted i think.

1972 240z with slightly modded L24. 16x10 diamond racing rims. Getting ready for full suspension with urethane bushings and new disc brakes. interior has been stripped and is being refinished. paint this christmas and Ls1 in the summer:flamedevi

Im painting it a Bmw dark silver with shwartz black stripes, a roof scoop, and a custom leather trimmed dash with autometer gauges and Leds. Im pulling the stereo from my Ls1 donor car too and installing the speakers and etc in custom kick and door panels.

myz_thumb.jpg

4415_thumb.attach

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted a presmog car...a 240z was preffered, but I couldn't find one 3 years ago when i went to buy my first car, so here I am now. I overpaid for this little car a week ago ($1700 :() but there's not rust that can't be removed with sanding on the car and no dents or body work so I'm happy.

240z2.jpg

240z1.jpg

240z3.jpg

The only car's I've done any serious work on before this were all rotary, so I hope I can learn a lot about these odd piston engines :P

^ I don't think you overpaid. No major rust or body damage from what I see in the pics except for a very repairable dent in the nose. You got Glass, bumpers, grill, seats, turn signals, gauges, choke handel, rear window louvers and steering wheel. I'm also assuming the engine is present by the way it sits. The 80's and 90's have past and unless a close friend or family member is selling the car you won't find many give aways in California anymore, definitely not quality ones. $1700 was a good deal.

Ah thanks :) yeah the engine is there, but it's been sitting since 86, has no battery and I'm pretty sure the master cylinder has all kinds of crap in it. Definately going to grab the 280zx one and flush the brakes out and such....and I am aiming for a fuel cell since I want to go RB. That or I need to completely restore the current gas tank...pulled off the gas cap and damnnn it doesn't smell good.

I've got a white 1978 280Z coupe:) She's still bone-stock (except for the aftermarket tapedeck and funky 14's with autozone hubcaps (from the 2nd/PO). Once the weather clears up, I'll take care of the rust, drop the radio and FINALLY start putting all the parts and goodies I've been collecting/hoarding to good use^___^