HybridZ

Roll Call S30

Guest TeamNissan

74 260z Body, L28 engine w Duel Webers, 5 speed.

Ran good for a while. Then came...

Work done (myself)

Head gasket, intake/exhaust manifold gasket,Valve cover gasket, thermostat housing gasket, exhaust flange gasket, 5 speed transmission swap, motor internals cleaned (Carbon build up and oil sludge), keyless entry (door popers), primered black.

The Shop- Timeing, pressure test, reversed timing order.

NEW- Bosch spark plugs and wires, ignition coil, water hoses, water pump,water thermostat, starter, brake master cylender, Brake calipers, stainless steel brake lines, tokico struts, performance polyurethane bushing kit,

All above are MSA

First and only car i've every had!! all above done to keep it my daily driver. I have had my car for four years and the above took me about two years because i worked on it a little bit here and there.Runs strong! :burnout:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

74 260z Body, L28 engine w Duel Webers, 5 speed.

Ran good for a while. Then came...

Work done (myself)

Head gasket, intake/exhaust manifold gasket,Valve cover gasket, thermostat housing gasket, exhaust flange gasket, 5 speed transmission swap, motor internals cleaned (Carbon build up and oil sludge), keyless entry (door popers), primered black.

The Shop- Timeing, pressure test, reversed timing order.

NEW- Bosch spark plugs and wires, ignition coil, water hoses, water pump,water thermostat, starter, brake master cylender, Brake calipers, stainless steel brake lines, tokico struts, performance polyurethane bushing kit,

All above are MSA

First and only car i've every had!! all above done to keep it my daily driver. I have had my car for four years and the above took me about two years because i worked on it a little bit here and there.Runs strong! :burnout:

Thats a beautiful story. Really, its part of what I love about these cars. I was looking for a smiley that had a little tear in the corner of its eye :icon56:

Gotta recommend NGK plugs over Bosch eight days a week, though..

i bought a '72 240z this weekend - $800. interior is in great condition, and the car is complete. needs work though. quite a bit of it infact, but i guess if i really want a 240z, ill have to make due. they arent popular around here. worst case scenario, ill have to get a new unibody, since the unibody seems to the be the only thing that isn't in good/great condition.

DatsunD I see you're in Bakersfield, I'm from there, going home tomorrow actually. Glad to see another Z guy on HybridZ from Bako. Check out http://www.centralvalleyz.org quite a few good guys out there for a local club/event if you aren't already a member. Congrats on getting the car running.

Tyson

p.s. If you need pictures of your car let me know, I've been trying my hand at amateur car photography. Would be good practice for me and free HIGH resolution pictures for you.

I'll throw my 71 240z in the ring - HLS30-14555. It is currently being re-built at Grala's Classic Car Shop (Hoschton, GA) - www.gralasclassiccarshop.com - not sure where I'm headed with it other than rust free at this stage.

Here is a link to all of the re-structuring photos and Paul & Steve Grala's great metal work!

http://public.fotki.com/pjgrala/all_about_cars/72-240z-project/

• 1 year later...

Just got a '74 260z with 790 miles - could be 500,790 for all I know... :mrgreen:

Getting everything stripped and ready for the POR-15 treatment as I write this. Car has no rust through and only minimal surface rust in places. In Kansas, that is unusual.

I am working towards a test drive by the end of summer. Going with a 350/700R4 for now.

I picked up this 77 280Z for $250 after it sat in a garage untouched for twelve years. Some rust but nothing fatal. Currently planning on a turbo swap and flares. I ran out of garage space, but a new garage is starting construction next week. I'll start a build thread when it finally gets going next month.

Still dusty even after a trip on the interstate on an open trailer.

P4180214.jpg

Interior isn't too bad.

P4180217.jpg

P4180218.jpg

After washing

P4190221.jpg

She looked good after the wash, but in all honesty the picture makes look better than she is.

my cousin had a 1981 280zx turbo and a 1974 260z with the 240z s u's... i bought the 280zx for $500 then after him losing a bet to me i got the 260z from him... scored!!! :mrgreen: so then put that l28et into the 260z then added costum intake,fuel rail,fuel pressure regulator big turbo and big throttle body intercooler and piping but i just started now i need suspension and interior. i only have these pictures need to up load more.

audrey 114_thumb.jpg

th_audrey025_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bought my first S30 three weeks ago. Proud owner of a 1976 Datsun 280z.

Things done:

R&R of cooling system, brake master cylinder, transmission flush (MTL-90), A/C removal (partial), and some basic TLC.

Things to do:

Change the springs and struts, strut bars (f&r), exhaust, gas leak, rust repair, rear end flush, tune up, replace the rims, ect.

Jan

za_thumb.jpg

07/74 "early" 260Z frame with a stock L28ET swap...

My youngest son bought a '76 280 several years ago. I finally helped him get it running after he'd had it for a few years but the engine didn't last. We found an almost new L28ET & did the swap into his 280 in early 2007.

Last year, he found another L28ET and gave it to me. I had to buy this 260 frame to put that engine into... Bought the 260 last December, almost had it running and roadworthy in time for the 2009 West Coast Nationals - but not quite... Next Spring for sure.