HybridZ

Roll Call S30

Guest TeamNissan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1977 280z, originally auto/r180 but converted to 5-speed/R200 (both of which are in sad shape...diff clunk with all new mounts and fifth gear pop-out). P79 head on N42 block, cleaned up intake manifold with JSK fuel rail and factory ZXT exhaust manifold. XS power Tial-style 35mm wastgate on SSautochrome t3-to-t4 adapter, with Garrett T-04 (bought it used and that's all it says, I don't know the trim or anything) turbo. .83 A/R Rajay on-center exhaust housing (it came with a 1.15 tangential housing on it, with no provision for a downpipe-the rajay has a 4-bolt flange on it, so I went with that one). Nissan Sunny Pulsar GTi-R top mount intercooler and DSM blowoff valve. Megasquirt 1 fuel only ecu. ebay tokico 1" drop and energy suspension uerethane bushing kit. Impul hoshino racing RS-III 17X7 front, 17X8 rear wheels with Falken ziex 512 tires (215/45R17 front and 255/40R17 rear). Summit 16 gallon fuel cell with all -6 braided line. MSA solid front diff mount. Modified Saturn VUE redline front fascia and Acura RSX type-S side skirts. Acura TL mud gaurds and 1979 Mazda RX-7 fender mount mirrors.

intercoolerphotoshoot3.jpg

intercoolerphotoshoot5.jpg

newtires5.jpg

Guest Death69

Just got a new Z with some history!

Its a 72 240z, Orange, stock as a rock!

cool thing is the guy who previously owned the car was the road manager for many famous jazz musicians, Earth Wind and Fire, and also did the Jacksons last tour!

Here's my $200 78 280Z. I bought it from the original owners who bought it brand new. It is a California car, hence the license plate.

She runs, but I'm pulling the motor in favor of something better :icon6:

Overall the body is super straight with mostly surface rust. The hatch and passenger side floor board are gonna be fun to deal with.

p1010001hc4.jpg

p1010001hc4.jpg

p1010003ak3.jpg

p1010004mo7.jpg

p1010004mo7.jpg

p1010006is3.jpg

p1010007ty3.jpg

p1010008qe3.jpg

p1010014nx2.jpg

p1010015vs7.jpg

p1010016um1.jpg

p1010018or1.jpg

my.php?image=p1010019xj4.jpg

p1010020ri8.jpg

p1010009wu7.jpg

p1010010iy4.jpg

p1010011hq9.jpg

p1010012ft9.jpg

p1010013ri5.jpg

other than the rust in the tailgate sill area, it looks to be in fantastic shape. Take a screwdriver and tap along the qarter panel window area rust pretty hard; anything you "tap" through is rusted badly enough that losing is isnt really a loss, it needs to be replaced anyhow.. but judging from the photos, it looks like it should prove to be pretty solid. Hardly a guess to put any weight on since i am thousands of miles away, but hey, take what you get. Try the screwdriver to know for sure; if you cant tap through it then it IS good and strong, right?

Looks like the neighbors unloaded "that damn rusty old datsun" finally, lucky you! good find! You ought to buy a steering wheel first.. that would be inspiring, and it needs doing anyhow.

lots.

77, near mint body, waiting paint, rb26, and other stuff.

76, goregous original condition except for new paint.

73, runs good.little rust. for sale

72, little rust, lots of goodies on this one. for sale.

05 ,anniversary. DD. hey shut up, if it gets hit, who cares. there everywhere. save the s30's for another day.

those are current cars. total is over 100 in 16years.

lots.

77, near mint body, waiting paint, rb26, and other stuff.

76, goregous original condition except for new paint.

73, runs good.little rust. for sale

72, little rust, lots of goodies on this one. for sale.

05 ,anniversary. DD. hey shut up, if it gets hit, who cares. there everywhere. save the s30's for another day.

those are current cars. total is over 100 in 16years.

excellent post :2thumbs:

Guest Nismonic

Here's the s30 I rescued from the crusher. It's a 1971 series 1... HLS30-10290 build date 10/70

z3.jpg

z8.jpg

z5.jpg

It's definitely a project. It hasn't been on the road since '87... the front end is missing due to an accident but over all its a pretty solid car for the north east... rusty under the battery tray, at the front of the passenger side floor pan, at the dog legs, and some random surface rust in spots. The interior is pretty nice other than the driver's seat... no cracks in the dash... steering wheel is mint under the dried out cover... and it has a 5 speed.

here is mine before i started to take it down: 1975 from colorado just happen to be driving by it when it was on the side of the road not working. bought it, fixed a couple of things, drove it for a little bit and decided i had to go faster!

datsun_lrg.jpg

1971 240Z, supposedly a Cali car. Bought it on Ebay, drove it from San Diego to Iowa. Just starting the process of cleaning and prepping for conversion... Currently running an 87 TPI SBC with 700R4 tranny, R200 rear, and Toyota front brake conversion. Immediate plans are to remove current drive train in favor of something that sits further back, lower, weighs less, and makes nearly twice the hp. My Z's private hero is Blueovalz... emulation is the highest form of something or another = )

y1p0_-oyTCEfXd0f7_O6FUzjWAXqAXhMCPPQnv8UhyIAjCHpBctRPLMN62mrV7ZZQhjydoF0K3IWOA