HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

I purchased my FIRST Datsun a few weeks ago! She is a 1979 280zx N/A. I have only replaced the windshield thus far, which had a very large crack and leaked! There is rust, and bubbles, but very minor for a Michigan car. I am the third owner, 115,000 miles. Everything in the car is stock, for the time being. I have MANY great plans for this car, but they will not be happening for many years. In the meantime, I am going to replace the clutch, exhaust & muffler, u-joints, rebuild the fuel injectors, tires, and possibly rims. I am hoping to have the funds to do all of the above by the end of this summer. I only have a few pictures on hand at the moment, but I will post more soon, with better quality.

14128_thumb.attach

14129_thumb.attach

14130_thumb.attach

I am just recently a ZX owner. I bought a 82 280ZX 2+2 about a week ago and finally had time to mess with it this last weekend. It needs quite a bit of work but shouldn't be too bad, silver in color, red interior. The car had been sitting for about 8 years so I pulled the tank and cleaned it, installed new upper and lower radiator hoses and plugs. It fired on the third try and missed on #3, I found the wires to that injector were gone (darn mice). I scrounged around and found an injector plug for a Oldsmobile V6 (Bosch injectors as well) and wired it in, it runs surprisingly well for being dormant for 8 years. So far so good, I am sure there will be some more surprises and hurdles down the road...

Justin

Also Bleach, what size wheels do you have (sizes and offsets)?

Looking to get something close to the fenders in the rear. If anyone knows some sizes with deep lips and are close to flush with the fenders, please post your input.

Thanks

Edited by rwdawg2
more questions.

I did cut the springs for now. 1.5 coils in front, 3.5 in back. (my car rode really high in back)

I have sway bars and T3 tension rods as well. I did just get my Tokico kit in with struts and springs so I'll be putting that in soon. It may ride slightly higher. :)

http://www.bleachgarage.com/280zx83.html

Wheels are Rota RB-R 16x8 +4

225/45-16 front

245/45-16 rear

Here is my old daily driver 79 280zx as you call it a slick top still factory finish with my enhancements 15-8's all round with 235's chev mildly worked 383 4 speed auto the rest as in interior and paint are still original datsun its a real blast to drive what do think of it.

280zx 042_thumb.jpg

IMG_1778_thumb.jpg

14305_thumb.attach

280zx 041_thumb.jpg

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=656i'm goin to pick this up this weekend in the middle of bfe nebraska. sat for 3 years put a battery in her and she started right up and ran great with the old gas in it. i was told it originally came from california about 10 years ago. 7 of those years it stayed inside of a garage and was never driven in snow. for the last 3 its been sitting outside. seems to be in decent shape and for $500 who can complain. it comes with an 81 2+2 with fried wiring. note. never put battery in backwards lol