HybridZ

updated engine pics...clear images..

i recently took my old lt1 caprice motor out and put in the new 94 camaro motor w/ aluminum heads and swaped over the airvent opti crap and cams etc.... i broke the crank bolt into the old lt1 caprice motor and had to remove the bolt since the easyout broke into the bolt too, so i was doomed so i rip the thing out and bought a use motor from this lady whos x-husband had installed some nice shiny race crane gold 1.6rr and chrome vlave covers so that was a plus for 400bucks :)! anyways, heres the new engine pics, looks like the old one but cleaner and clearer images in my new house and roomy garage...i still gotta work out some bugs and tune this thing to run like a champ but it runs ok for now! i just stand there drinking my beer looking at my motor everytime i got out to the garage and think to myself, wow, what a clean instalation i did. it looks factory installed and looks like it came with the z. so much work put into the z make me apreciate the z more than any other cars i had....plus, its a kick ass car anyways..

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02586.jpg

DSC02578.jpg

yeah guy, i got the motor from some lady here local. her ex burned her camaro interior sold she parted the car out. the motor was really clean! infact, i didnt have to do much cleaning at all...the intake manifold up is from the older lt1 caprice motor. i was going to stroke out the old caprice lt1 but i figure ill start with another stock to get it running to understand it better.

i agree the intake looks better than an ls1 intake but the ls1 just sounds so much more bad ass these days...ehehe...i still love the lt1s though.

it looks clean because almost everything external is new on this motor. ill post up more pics but for now, more tunning then to the interior. you guys should see me the the body paint forum...

I am another Biased LT1 owner, It does look better! I'm almost ready to drop in my LT1 motor.

Now if my keyboard keys would stop sticking from my drooling over those pictures.

Can we see some closeups?

Did you paint your throttle body or is it really that clean?

Interested in your fuel meter and throttle cable hook-ups

Is the intake painted?

Thanks,

Greg

the throttle is painted unfortanantly...it was a little hard to get the stuff off so i painted it. the manifold is also painted black, the original color is the alloy color. i black looks better to me, i got the idea from barts lt1...fuel pressure is a cheapy from ebay. its not the prettiest but it looks good. the throttle cable is a universal mrgasket..