HybridZ

Wheel Show! Post your pics of you wheels

are those the Axis wheels? damn, i love that old school design but only if axis made it in a zero offset or lower. i believe they're immitations of hayashi's? but anyways, looks good.

Hmmm... you even quoted him. :icon56:

I wanted to wait till i got my tires mounted and suspension put on before i posted pics but after a month of starring at them, i had to post.

17x8 +15 and 17x9 +20 Axis Banzai

are those the Axis wheels? damn, i love that old school design but only if axis made it in a zero offset or lower. i believe they're immitations of hayashi's? but anyways, looks good.

you got it!! they are the imitation Hayashi wheels.

i wish they had a negative offset also but I'm playing with some meaty spacers to help fill up every inch of the ZG's and more. Even thinking of going with the stretched tire look to really get the oldshool look even though everyone hates it and thinks it's un-safe.

A stretch like this would be good - look bad ass though

rearoflightolivez.jpg

anyone know what size tires i would have to use to get a stretch like that on a 9 and 8 inch tire?

you got it!! they are the imitation Hayashi wheels.

i wish they had a negative offset also but I'm playing with some meaty spacers to help fill up every inch of the ZG's and more. Even thinking of going with the stretched tire look to really get the oldshool look even though everyone hates it and thinks it's un-safe.

I say go for it! It will look great! and as long as you dont try and put a 215 on a 10" wheel or anything crazy like that you will be fine.

To stretch a tire like that on a 8" wheel, you will need something in the neighborhood of 195 to 205 if in 15" sizes. For 9" width, it is something around 205 to 225 or so if 15" diameter.

If you go with larger diameters like 17", 8" width will almost have that stretch with 215/45R17. 9" width would be about a 235/40R17 or maybe a 225/45R17. The actual tire determines how the profile of the stretch is. A super stiff tire like Toyo R1R will not stretch round, but something softer like the T1R will.

Having a super low offset like -25 is just as bad for your bearings as using a +10 wheel with a 35mm spacer, the net effect is the same. If you want to do it and not have so many negative effects, you need a super wide wheel that keeps the center line of the wheel closer to the stock location. For example, a 7" wide wheel with a -20 offset is worse than having a 9" wide wheel at +5 or so. The "flushness" would be about the same, but you would have more wheel inside to support the load. This is assuming you have room inboard... the figures were just for example purposes.

These came out of the machine shop today, 17x8 ET4 and 17x8.5 ET6. I'm going to throw some rim parts on them tonight and test fit them, hopefully they fit the way I want them too.

Windows-1.jpg

Hub.jpg

I'm thinking Flat Black Rim Parts with Brushed centers.

It is not going to matter what you put those wheels on, it is going to look bitchen.

Hey Daniel13BRX7, are those the 17x8.5 +4 Rotas? Did you use spacers for the front? I tried that size on my ZX and they would hit the strut. I didn't want to use spacers so I got the 17x7.5 +4 for the front on my car and the 8.5's for the back.

http://www.rbwheels.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=1402&pic=0&products_image_large_additional=images/large/eneki_01_LRG.JPG

Im rootin to buy those ^^ But right now I have two sets of 14" these, PS, The photos below of the 14x5.5 If anyone has one more of these, I would be more than willing to take just one more off your hands, I got 3 of them for three, I need One more!!!

DSC08443.jpg

DSC08445.jpg

Those are my extra set. 14x5.5 just for show wheels.

this is what they go on, p.s. Ill get some updated pictures from the last car show/auto-x, this photo is from when I got the car.

DSC08419.jpg