HybridZ

Show off your rust pictures

datman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have too many pictures of my Z before it was repaired because digital cameras weren't invented yet. But to prove, (like I need to), that my Z was rusty at one point, here is a photo of some exposed iron oxide during the turbo swap.

87171619-M.jpg

87171625-M.jpg

well more than 100 bucks but it has a lot of good parts that fetch pretty good money over here. Rear lights are good, interior panels are good, all the glass is good, gearbox, engine was running when parked up, dashboard is unmarked, all in all it will fetch a lot more than I paid for it, not that I bought it to make money.

Being a 72 it is classified as classic car over here and road tax is free......if it was ever to be restored, cough....re shelled :) or maybe used to convert a rust free left hooker to R hand drive.

Matt, is that the one you and Austin painted blue and then scrapped?

Not rust but it does have some that scraped of onto it...

b10155863.jpg

Rust repair is next on the list with the VH45 installation. The floor is still solid though. Pounded it with a 5 pound sledge to prove to a passenger that they would not fall through...lol

m10307603.jpg

rusted during it's 5 years of siting. Car ran over a curb or something rather large back in the mid-late 80's.

m12058410.jpg

Header before cleaning and painting:

m12058085.jpg

Looks 1000% better now.

The car actually isn't that bad.

The whole area under the battery box is gone but I was expecting that.

m39443368.jpg

From inside engine bay looking at passenger floorboard

m39443383.jpg

DANG!!! I thought I had bad rust! That is just NASTY!!!
you think you have bad rust? i call that pretty much rust free! you would cringe at the rust and bodywork that was on a '72 240z i looked at, though i guess most any person would. the guy said if he went past 40, the car would start to shake.

ill get pics of the rust on my 280z tomorrow.