HybridZ

LS1 Z Drives!!!

Well I know it has been a few weeks since the last post but I yesterday I finally got the Z to move under its own power!!! What a great feeling!!! Two yrs of owning this car and neva see it move under its own power ended yesterday. Some issues I had to deal with in the past week, clutch line was 1/4 turn loose on the clutch slave which means everything had to come down to fix that prob. When this task was finished, putting back the exhausted turn out to be LOTS of work. Why? The collector bolts are very tight fit, so this is an issue that has been "fixed" for now. I have the oil pressure sending unit set up behind the intake manifold. Well yesterday the 90 degree elbow cracks as I go to tighten it down alil more. Start the car and a 10 foot burst of oil comes out! All over everything....I just laugh and think to myself worst has happen and I might drive this thing today. All aside and done...as of right now I am waiting for my new dip stick...because this dip stick(me) lost the one i bought already. You will see that in the vid clip..spark from the oil shooting out of the hole. So don't flame me for something I know was alil stupid to do =) I was just excited to move it...lol

I will have some real driving vid for you guys later this week...all I have for now are 2 vids taken with a friends cell phone: (turn your volume up)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d68a2c92-163f-4499-87d1-9997008de420.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e177d049-79e0-4137-99ed-9997000021f2.htm

It is going to very close to get this car ready for the Daytona trip...I really really hope I get to take it down. Now that I start work next week...we shall see. Thanks to everyone so far who has been a big help.

Clive

Clive,

Glad to hear that you got her moving. I know the feeling to drive it for the 1st time. Congrats.

You better get to work if you are coming with us. I sure hope you can get it on the road in time.

Get off the computer and back to the garage.

Thanks all for the comments and I am sure I wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys. Yes I am very glad I did not sell the car....def would have been a HUGE mistake.

I will have REAL driving vids come this weekend.....I know the first two are subpar but hey I didn't expect to drive it that day. Still working away on the car and plan on putting in lots of solid hours on the car with the next two weeks....means no parts cars...no hanging out unless it is in the shop. Biggest task right now is cleaning up the wiring....also order seat belts today..and need to source two new tires ( brand new ones got trashed towing the car down =(.....

I LOVE my Z again!!! lol

More to come

Pasn side mount

27_7_.jpg

Driver side mount

27_8_.jpg

Rear view shot of mount

27_9_.jpg

Rear car shot on the lift

27_10_.jpg

3in exhaust

27_11_.jpg

Shiny Motor ~~ Because oil got all over it! :-)

27_5_.jpg

I think my q45 mounts are "ok"...def strong enough but not pretty enough. I can see why there has not been a run of these mounts yet. Any comments please share...only way to learn here for me is to get input from others. If you think of anything...share...thanks again guys!

First drive vids are the best no matter how crappy the quality of the video is! It gives the guys who are getting close to that point a lot of hope that maybe someday they will be there! I know it gave me a kick in the butt to get out in the garage and finish my car up!

Congrats on the first drive!

Guy

Clive,

Congratulation. Don't forget to insulate the wiring harness on the passenger side. Otherwise the exhaust heat will melt it. Other than that your engine compartment should look really clean. Everything looks good.

BTW I am back from Japan and I brought back with me the Arita Speed front air dam.