HybridZ

right hand drive

Guest money well spent

Guest money well spent

ive been looking though old threads to see if anyone has talked about right hand drive conversion i would really love to do this does anyone have a clue ware to start This is my first z 1980 280zx l28 non turbo 5speed also it takes a really long time to start but runs fire after running anyone have this problem:shock::shock::shock::?

I actually have a RHD 75 Fairlady, and I can't find the parts I need for anything. Good luck trying to source enough to actually do a conversion, you'd be better off just waiting until you found one.

I know of an 80 (i think) RHD thats for sale, in pristine condition. 10k!

Why? Ive seen alot of people wanting this but whats the reason?

x2. Why not just import. Here in canada, its usually cheaper to have cars imported from japan. Not sure what the american laws are regarding importing cars, but here anything older than 15 years is legal, so the roads are flooded with rhd skylines, silvias, 180sxs, rx7s, 300zxs, gtos, soarers and aristos.

MkIV Supras will be legal shortly too!:icon43:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was one up on ebay about a week ago that never sold right out of Pensacola, Florida. The car had a some work done to it ('79 zx turbo from Japan ) and supposedly had 30k miles on it. He said he was the second owner. If you are interested, I still have the guys email add. from some questions I had asked him I thought of doing the conversion, but only to have something different. When I actually sat there and looked at all the work, it just wasn't worth it. The fire wall area on the engine bay is completely different on the left side than on the right. It's not just moving things around and changing the dash out, There is no pre made markings or pre made holes on the right side. It's probably easier to find one already rhd and just build that than actually doing the conversion.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330192090719&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123