HybridZ

She finally showed me her naked body last nite.

bjhines

BJ, why the difference in cage design, driver side vs. Passenger side ?

Wanting my Z caged is holding back my build progress. I wish I had the commitment-focus, most of the Hybridz' members show. Rotisserie,blasting,setting build goal's and achieving them,I'm amazed at the progress of some Hybridz' members. Makes me realize how much of a slacker I am, what started as simply fixing a broken transmission 3 years ago, turned into the endless game of " while I'm at it, I might as well ________... ". I dream of the day I get to drive the Z, once again.

I have too many projects,the Z, a Toyota pre-runner, 70' Monte Carlo, plus my dirtbikes add in life and my funds are too strung out amongst all the projects,so none are done... I SUCK !

First off, what kind of punch did you use to put all those holes in the gussets, and in the section behind the seats?

283VZ, don't be so hard on yourself, although I do feel the same way. It's been a while since I've worked on the project Z, because of a few new projects.. ugg..

Anyway, set goals that are REALISTIC and OBTAINABLE, and in small intervals. Each time you complete one, give yourself a bit more work, or less time to do the next goal, eventually you will find a system that works for you. There is no point in setting a goal that is unreachable.

BJ, why the difference in cage design, driver side vs. Passenger side ?

Wanting my Z caged is holding back my build progress. I wish I had the commitment-focus, most of the Hybridz' members show. Rotisserie,blasting,setting build goal's and achieving them,I'm amazed at the progress of some Hybridz' members. Makes me realize how much of a slacker I am, what started as simply fixing a broken transmission 3 years ago, turned into the endless game of " while I'm at it, I might as well ________... ". I dream of the day I get to drive the Z, once again.

I have too many projects,the Z, a Toyota pre-runner, 70' Monte Carlo, plus my dirtbikes add in life and my funds are too strung out amongst all the projects,so none are done... I SUCK !

It's ok man.

I don't even have the ownership for my car. (getting it exactly 366 days after the day I took physical possession). I see a lot of things on this board and wonder why my car hasn't moved an inch in almost 365 days. Literally. But i'll get to it once I have the ownership for sure.

If i had my car blasted, I'd want to work on it more. right now it's too doooorty :(

The bodywork continues... I have repaired all rust, sandblasted, cleaned, Ospho coated, NASON primed, and finally seam sealed the entire chassis.

behindseats.jpg

primerfrontwheelhouse.jpg

I have put a gallon of primer in, on, and behind every surface. I even went back under the car with some dichromate primer and an airbrush. There is not one damn spot that does not have at least 2 types of primer on this chassis.

The seam sealing took 4x $17 tubes of 3M sealer. what a freaking pain in the ass. It took several passes to get everything properly sealed without making a mess. I used 3M's solvent to smooth it out as well.

I am now applying BONDO, actually I am using several fillers.

filleronrustpitting.jpg

fillingintherearquarterdents.jpg

fillinginthepassengerquarter.jpg

fillingpassengerrocker.jpg

fillingroofApillars.jpg

fillingroofApillarlow.jpg

Much more work continues tonight...

• 3 weeks later...

I have painted the interior, engine bay, and underside of the chassis. It is Ford '06 Mustang "Lime-Gold Effect". I have covered the areas that are essential to assembling the car. It is getting too cold to paint anymore this winter. I covered areas I can mask off so I can go ahead with assembly. I will paint the outside surfaces in the spring or turn it over to a paint shop to complete when the car is completely assembled.

I have a heated area that I can paint the hood, doors, and hatch inside.

I just have to give it a few days to cure and I get down and dirty with the plumbing, hydraulics, and wiring.

Pics:

interiorpaint1.jpg

interiorpaint2.jpg

interiorpaint3.jpg

interiorpaint4.jpg

interiorpaint5.jpg