HybridZ

Turbo Intake Plenum

MONZTER

that looks like a fram filter.

OH NOES!

What, Fram filters are the best... HA just kidding, that was the biggest Ford Filter I could find. I was using it for mocking up the mounts and coil packs, just wanted to make sure there was room for it all.

I am thinking about getting one of the pure power billet cleanable ones. Anyone seen them?

I looked through the whole thread, as well as your photo gallery, and couldn't find a picture to answer my question, so I figured I would just ask here.

In the straight CNC cut piece, it appears that your vacuum signal channels were still isolated from the plenum and airhorns. How did you wind up opening them up to intake flow? It seemed like you mentioned a desire to pick your vacuum signal off of each runner individually, rather than from the plenum. Did you drill holes after the fact, before you welded the channel covers on?

What, Fram filters are the best... HA just kidding, that was the biggest Ford Filter I could find. I was using it for mocking up the mounts and coil packs, just wanted to make sure there was room for it all.

I am thinking about getting one of the pure power billet cleanable ones. Anyone seen them?

Yes, I've seen the Pure Power and the Tru-Filter.

300 bucks, but I think it's worth it...

I would just clean it every weekend and top off the oil with 1/3 of a quart or something. Better to clean it when you have 10 minutes than to clean it every 3000 to 5000 miles.

It's not like L6's are hard to get the filter off of anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest opopanax666

Awesome thread! Can't wait to see the results.

I don't drive a Z, but hope to, one day, own a 240Z. The reason this thread caught my eye is that, as an exercise, I'm designing an inlet manifold for my current car (no, I'm not telling :oops:), but am having lots of trouble with the CFD (Cosmosfloworks), specifically the boundary conditions for the runners.

On the intake side I know the air flow from the turbo (cfm) and know the pressure (psi), but what conditions do I need to insert on the outlet side of the plenum (or runners) to make the model work? What pressure (surely not atmospheric?), what air flow? Or any other parameter?..

I got something working, but I have enough common sense to know that I got something wrong :confused:.

Maybe someone here with a bit more engineering skills than me could point me in the right direction (Turbobluestreak maybe?..), I would definitely appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome thread! Can't wait to see the results.

I don't drive a Z, but hope to, one day, own a 240Z. The reason this thread caught my eye is that, as an exercise, I'm designing an inlet manifold for my current car (no, I'm not telling :oops:), but am having lots of trouble with the CFD (Cosmosfloworks), specifically the boundary conditions for the runners.

On the intake side I know the air flow from the turbo (cfm) and know the pressure (psi), but what conditions do I need to insert on the outlet side of the plenum (or runners) to make the model work? What pressure (surely not atmospheric?), what air flow? Or any other parameter?..

I got something working, but I have enough common sense to know that I got something wrong :confused:.

Maybe someone here with a bit more engineering skills than me could point me in the right direction (Turbobluestreak maybe?..), I would definitely appreciate it!

Hi, I'm new to this forum... I like this thread and it was VERY informative, so thanks to MONZTER and Turbobluestreak

I don't know which boundaries need to be applied to a forced induction manifold? Someone says to don't put a pressure boundary on outlet to ITB, but to put there a velocity ouput...

I know the air flow, pressure, temperature and air mass of the air that go from the turbo to the inlet of intake manifold... just need an input to go ahead and don't make big mistakes...

please help us :)

thank you and greetings from Italy!

• 4 months later...
Is there any updates to this ?

Nigel

The part has been done, still have not gotten my block back from the machine shop (note to self - call machine shop) So, has not run yet. Also, I bought a new bike and have been spending time on that instead of my car. Will be back on the car real soon as I am now happy with my bike

Picture_1171.jpg

Glad to see you got the zip tie on the front fork to measure how much travel your using.

I say it's to hold a super secret NOS bottle line against the shock because he hasn't had the new upper shock housing machined to properly conceal it yet...

I say it's to hold a super secret NOS bottle line against the shock because he hasn't had the new upper shock housing machined to properly conceal it yet...

Ya NOS, thats frightening. It already has 130 HP and weighs less than 400 lbs. It scares me just like it is. (for now) muh hahahah

BTW Called the machine shop, says it will be ready next week, I am not counting on it..

Ya NOS, thats frightening. It already has 130 HP and weighs less than 400 lbs. It scares me just like it is. (for now) muh hahahah

BTW Called the machine shop, says it will be ready next week, I am not counting on it..

i just want to take the time right now to say thank you for this beautiful piece of working art and i hope to be able to purchase one in the near future and that i almost literally crapped my pants when looking through the pics., you truly deserve a cookie and a pa on the back. :icon14:

New Poll:

What does you Machinist mean, historically speaking, when he says "next week?"

Machinist's time decoder:

Double the numeric part and go to the next higher unit.

For example,

Machinist's estimate.................Human time

1 hour.........................................2 days

1 day..........................................2 weeks

1 week........................................2 months

1 month.......................................2 years