HybridZ

vid of lambo doing 219mph on arizona freeway!!

FJ 280z

crazy, supposedly he did it as a contest to all murcielago owners, who could record the fastest speed on a US street/freeway. now that the vid got popular, he's being investigated by the police and thier saying something about putting the lambo on the auction block to teach him a lesson....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIp_FDhJa0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIp_FDhJa0A&rel=1&border=0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIp_FDhJa0A&rel=1&border=0">

again? it has been on and off for the past couple of days. the local news saw it and did a story and confronted the students. then the vid was removed. but they had 2 copies on disk to refrence. i was suprised it was back on. wait a few hours, im sure someone will put it back up.

jimbo

Only reason I dont like them is because Im jealous I dont have a Lamborgini. At least they did it in really safe conditions. But they are kinda stupid for putting it on you tube. Id make it where you couldnt see the car color, or anything that might give them away.

Ive seen many people on hybridz post videos of them racing in heavy traffic, thats a no no.

That alone makes it extremely easy to track down the car. Checking the DMV registry for LP640s and narrowing them down by color should yield the suspect vehicle, or only a few.

The 205 mph club site that is featured will likely yield the culprit as well. *edit: surprise, surprise. The site is down.*

If you do something stupid, especially something stupidly illegal, don't further the stupidity by bragging about it on the internet. It's a shame that kind of money somehow makes it into the hands of people who don't have the brains to use it responsibly.

...somebody that has enough money to afford an LP640 has enough money to keep the car on a track while attempting those speeds, and there are plenty of tracks in the southwestern United States that would support them. For some reason people think that doing this sort of thing in public makes them somehow more 'legit', more hardcore than they would be if they did it on a track. It was the same thing with the knucklehead street racers of the '90s and early '00s, in their minds, being an illegal street dragger made you hot stuff. Now most of them have forgotten about drag racing and have gone to the new hotness, drifting.

I'm not going to say I haven't buried the needle on a car or two. It's tempting, especially when you know you've got the power to do it. It's still monumentally STUPID to try it on a public road where it endangers people other than yourself, and without proper safety equipment or support. At least on a track there's crash recovery crews and EMTs standing by, and no traffic other than people who have accepted the same risks you have, instead of unwitting passerby who are having those risks forced upon them.

You're not hardcore unless you take it to a track, where you can develop skill under controlled and safe repeatable conditions and legitimately record your results.

...and I'm by no means hardcore, myself. Probably never will be.

*steps down off of pulpit and dons fireproof suit*

I'm not going to say I haven't buried the needle on a car or two. It's tempting, especially when you know you've got the power to do it. It's still monumentally STUPID to try it on a public road where it endangers people other than yourself, and without proper safety equipment or support. At least on a track there's crash recovery crews and EMTs standing by, and no traffic other than people who have accepted the same risks you have, instead of unwitting passerby who are having those risks forced upon them.

x2.

also, when your on a track, at least everyone is going int eh same direction, and (hopefully) at roughly the same speed.

Guess I would be one of the idiots who would do this on the road. Of course under the safest conditions possible.....do lots of stupid things in your youth and wise up as you get older.

Like stated before, we all (90%) of us have gone over the speed limit on public roads at one point or another. Always have to be thankful no one ever gets hurt.

How are you supposed to get caught going 200+ mph? By the time the police sopt you would be several miles down the freeway. The only way they would be able to catch you and yes I realize that the lambo cannot maintain 200+ mph for long but it CAN maintain 160+ mph which would be more than enough to outrun a persuit. Anyway the only way to catch you would be to radio ahead to the next cop and have them intetcept or use helicopters. I think that you would have time if you noticed the cop that is, to quickly get off at the next exit and be gone forever.