HybridZ

:( Z prices going up

Guest 280z.Dats

Guest 280z.Dats

I fell in love with the Z's a few months ago and have done alot of research since then. I am hoping to get anything from a 240-280, I prefer the body over the ZX. Ever since I saw a 280z(Rusty, $800) at a friends house, I've decided to save up for it and possibly buy it to repair it.

What saddens me are the running Z's on ebay are going up in price, decreasing funds for repairs/upgrades. The only thing that keeps me going is the VQ35DE that's dropping in price :).

Holding in there, I hope the prices of the Z's aren't going to go up to high, otherwise I may end up with a (Cheap Car Here).

I disagree, these cars are still very affordable. For $2000 or $3000 or $4000 you get alot of car for the money. These cars deserve to be going up in value, they are beautiful, they run fantastic they have a great racing history. Its about time they come into their "own", I am sick of the American and European car values going up or staying high, its about time that these Japanese classics started appreciating as well.

Yasin

I disagree, these cars are still very affordable. For $2000 or $3000 or $4000 you get alot of car for the money. These cars deserve to be going up in value, they are beautiful, they run fantastic they have a great racing history. Its about time they come into their "own", I am sick of the American and European car values going up or staying high, its about time that these Japanese classics started appreciating as well.

Yasin

Very well put Yasin, I totally agree...

Yasin

Yep...what he said.

Yasin

Yes I agree. I hope they skyrocket in price. The sooner the better.

Yasin

Here, here!

280z.dats, i hope you find a steal, and i hope our cars continue to go up in price. I paid $1300 for my 240, which I bought on a whim cause the interior is PERFECT, and the car had 98k miles on it. ( I've since put a 300k+ mile motor in it... cause it had a turbo...) But I think I got an awesome price! I'd LOVE it if these started getting more valuable.

I dunno about the values going up - don't you think we'd start to see the same situation as you do with the older British sports cars? I mean, for years I thought "An MGA would be great with a 289 in it - sort of a poor man's Cobra". Nowadays, though, they're worth 20k+ in halfway decent shape, and frankly I'd hesitate to maul something worth any real money. If my Z was worth 20k in stock, original condition, I think the 350/T56 might just go bye-bye, soon followed by the car, and my mortgage lender might get a big old check.

I dunno about the values going up - don't you think we'd start to see the same situation as you do with the older British sports cars? I mean, for years I thought "An MGA would be great with a 289 in it - sort of a poor man's Cobra". Nowadays, though, they're worth 20k+ in halfway decent shape, and frankly I'd hesitate to maul something worth any real money. If my Z was worth 20k in stock, original condition, I think the 350/T56 might just go bye-bye, soon followed by the car, and my mortgage lender might get a big old check.

me too. I love the car but if she can pull that kind of weight... time to pay some bills.

I love these cars. Going up in value says something, and would lend validation to 'Pacific Mucle' (finally) taking it's place in the pantheon of great cars. However....no matter how much these cars increase or decrease in value I know several things for sure:

--I'll drive it hard

--I'll care for it and keep wrenching on it

--I'll buy another (and another.....et al)

--You'd have to pry the keys to these wonderful cars out of my cold, dead fingers