HybridZ

Pics of my freshly painted NISSAN valve cover and new engine

wigenOut-S30

Are you still comming to Texas for X-mas? I have an extra valve cover....hint, hint.

Im coming the week of New years. We should be there on the 2nd at the latest. You busy that friday night??

-- Thanks for all the compliments guys!!..

The painter a "friend of a friend" painted it. After he painted it he used either a DA sander or a blade and got the paint off the raised NISSAN section.. Then cleaned everything up really nicely and cleared it.. I love the way it looks !!!So if you want to takle this yourself..you can either use a sander or a blade and get the raised section cleared off. Then start applying your clear.

What is done to the motor?

JE forged pistsons, NISMO metal headgasket, stock rods and crank, ARP rod bolts, ARP head studs, Head is stock but has been rebuilt with new seals valves and I believe springs.Compression is I think 8:0:1. I will be installing my MS&S with this motor and 440CC injectors.I will be using a stock turbo for now..

Sweetleaf:: Im pretty sure the paint will take the heat, My next door neighbor has his valve cover painted by the same guy. His turbo sits right next to his valve cover (GT40R) and makes 540rwhp at 20psi of boost. His still looks freshly painted. So Im crossing my fingers..

WOW that looks good! I painted mine a few months ago my self. i used black wrinkle and light blue metallic. I masked off all the polished sections by hand using a x-acto knife, took forever! next time i will try a d.a. to remove paint instead of masking. here are some pics.

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03587.jpg