HybridZ

1969 240z HLS30-00299 on e-Bay

4 speed, hard to tell how bad it is.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Datsun-Nissan-240z-HLS30-00299_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34229QQihZ019QQitemZ290195360803QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Waiting on an email for a phone number. You know that car is rough judging from the pictures and locations. Just a bunch of hard to find parts and maybe someone with skills would be able to save it.

Lots of money to be had in that parts car. I know this is HBZ but I have been slowly learning about the "OEM" side to your Z's. The '69 240's are very different from most of our cars. The hood, fender, rear hatch glass, heater control panel, su carbs, hood adj bumps.....all different. A true purist can spot these 69 cars from a mile away, simple stuff that most of us will miss. I am 100% sure anyone buying that car already has a 69 and needs that "I can't find it" part off the car or it is someone thinking "man, I can restore that car and get big money" that will have a hell of a time tracking down parts and will let the car sit and rot or it will be for sale down the road.

Clive

I can't imagine what is on the 69 that could be reused. The interior is trashed, most of the rare parts are missing, the dash is capped, the hood smashed, body panels look like they are rusted through along the bottom and the everything is coated with wet leaves from where it has been sitting outside.

I can't imagine what is on the 69 that could be reused. The interior is trashed, most of the rare parts are missing, the dash is capped, the hood smashed, body panels look like they are rusted through along the bottom and the everything is coated with wet leaves from where it has been sitting outside.

Rear hatch glass with no defrost lines

Hood prob can be saved (69 hoods are different from 70 and laters 240's)

Handle throttle and hardware if it is still there

Dash can be repaired (69 dashes are rare)

Heater Control Panel(69 hcp are grey and not black like the 70 and on 240's)

Seatbelts (69 production date)

Rear int panel( if not broke, unique to the early z's)

Early SU carbs

Early series 1 clamps in the engine bay

69 production rims and spare

Valve cover

Steering wheel (chek ebay...they are going for nuts prices now)

Early choke knob style (different from 70's 240's)

And a bunch of stuff I can't think of right now....trust me it is worth more than we would think....we build Hybridz...not OEM's....lol

Rear hatch glass with no defrost lines

Hood prob can be saved (69 hoods are different from 70 and laters 240's)

Handle throttle and hardware if it is still there

Dash can be repaired (69 dashes are rare)

Heater Control Panel(69 hcp are grey and not black like the 70 and on 240's)

Seatbelts (69 production date)

Rear int panel( if not broke, unique to the early z's)

Early SU carbs

Early series 1 clamps in the engine bay

69 production rims and spare

Valve cover

Steering wheel (chek ebay...they are going for nuts prices now)

Early choke knob style (different from 70's 240's)

And a bunch of stuff I can't think of right now....trust me it is worth more than we would think....we build Hybridz...not OEM's....lol

I understand that stuff is different, but I don't see most of that stuff in the car pictured. And what is there looks unsalvagable. If someone does have a 69 I can't believe it could be in worse shape than that one. So what would that car have that the other doesn't?

It is worth $102.50 to someome so far. Let's see what it goes for.

I am seeing 2000 - 2001 cars with with rusty brake lines and rust in quater panels at my dads shop. The salt is harsh on the cars...imagine when you guys out in Ca drive on a dusty road...you pass by and kick up all that dirty/sand....us during the winter...we are kicking up clouds of salt! lol

Old cars don't last here if they see winters..... =(

(drumroll)

(Trumpet Fanfare!)

Ladies and Gentlemen of Teh Internet!!!1!!

We here at HybridZ.org (with the gracious and selfless help of our own TonyD) are proud to bring to you.....

THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE DECADE!!!!!

I guess the Northeast is harder on a car than SoCal...

:mparty::b_hand: