HybridZ

R.I.P.S street 240z runs 9.065, 8s await..........

RIPSNZ

The goal of a fully streetable 9 second 240z run on fully treaded street tyres was acheived at our first proper meeting 5th Jan 2008 with an off the trailer 9.2 and a best on the day of 9.065 @ 151mph backed up with a 9.07 @ 152mph.

This is well ahead of where we thought we'd be at this very early stage and obviously here at R.I.P.S we are all over the moon.

I'd like to thank Avon, Dean, Jason, Paul, my Mrs (who says I love the car more than her :D) My Dad, Ed and the boys who gave a hand at the strip, couldn't have done it without you. :icon14:

We won every race that day, loaded up and headed home with smiles from ear to ear.

Now we are in the position of chasing 8s far earlier than we could have dreamed of, we've had the 240 on the hoist, checked her over and all is well, only 2 very small changes will be made, both of which 'should' see a good improvement next time out.

Thanks for everyones support and kind comments during the build process and here's hoping the old 240 does us proud,

Rob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great run, enjoyed the video. Looks like it stumbled a little coming out of the hole. But if you are running street tires that could be a good thing.

John

Yes, its very soft off the line at the moment, working on improving that now :-)

I found some of your video's on youtube, VERY nice out of the hole, whats your best 60ft? (was it triggered by the front or rear wheels, lol)

I didn't see any times/mph on the video's, how does she run?

Rob

Daddy likeY!

borat-movie-08.jpg

Yasin

Oh yes!!!, I am very excite as my brother Beloe has been out of his cage helping me to collect gypsy tears to put in my fuel tank as it will ward off the demons of the 8 second club.

My sister is now No2 prositute in all of Kasacstan as I have been letting her practice the mouthing parties on me while Beloe "gets this" from behind.

Now she brings much honor to my families and she will earn much money for the 'Borat racing team' and hopefully our race car trailer can be pulled by 2 horses instead of just the one:mrgreen:

Hi 5, sexy time

Yes, its very soft off the line at the moment, working on improving that now :-)

I found some of your video's on youtube, VERY nice out of the hole, whats your best 60ft? (was it triggered by the front or rear wheels, lol)

I didn't see any times/mph on the video's, how does she run?

Rob

Best 60' to date is a 1.32, our car on stock haftshafts went a 9.21@153mph, (we are now using 300Z Turbo CV's) we are hoping to go in the 8's in March at the DNI race at Silverdollar raceway in Renolds, G.A. or mid 5's in the 1/8th. I wish you could come to the race,we all would love to see your car in action. Jerry

Best 60' to date is a 1.32, our car on stock haftshafts went a 9.21@153mph, (we are now using 300Z Turbo CV's) we are hoping to go in the 8's in March at the DNI race at Silverdollar raceway in Renolds, G.A. or mid 5's in the 1/8th. I wish you could come to the race,we all would love to see your car in action. Jerry

Thats awesome and you have the mph already for a good 8.

My best 60ft is 1.41 (on the 9.06 run) and I'm hoping to drop that to low 1.3s high 1.2s, that'll give us 8.70-8.80 with the same tune we have now, just got to get it off the line hard!!! lol

Good luck and keep us posted,

Rob