HybridZ

Parking Lot Rant

SSflyer

What is up with people and parking lots? I'm very anal about my cars and I know it, so I park wayyyy out in the back of the lot at work, just so I don't get door dings and such. No other cars around for 50 yards. Then one day I come out and there's a car literally 4 inches away from my drivers door. I had to crawl in through the passenger door. So I move to a different spot, on the end of a row where there's only one side exposed, and within two days I get to work and a different car is in that spot. No one else in the whole frikin' lot, but they just had to park in 'my' spot. So I move again, and same result. Now there's three cars in the back lot, all in 'my' favorite spots. Today it happened again! We're up to four cars now, in a lot where no one ever parked until I did. And we're not talking show cars here either. All four are just old beaters, the kind of car owned by someone who flings doors open into the door of the car in the next spot. It took me three years to get this Z into decent shape, and now I can't park anywhere without some goober getting my perfect door/paint in his sights. All I can say is God help the person who ever puts a nick on my car! There will be a whole new meaning given to the term 'beater car'!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain. That's why I don't drive my z to work anymore, lunch time parking lots are the worse.

The last guy who parked that close to my driver side door put their car about a tire width over the line where I had to climb in the passenger side as well. They lost a passenger side mirror in the duel and the bottom of my shoe was fine.

The funny thing is, when something worries you problems arise everywhere.If you didnt really care about your car you would never notice this activity.Try a spot that seems stupid,or put your car in danger-it will probably be safest there.

This is true, a friend of mine had his cherry 67 mustang and always picked the back of the lot at work, and some dumbass in a 98+ camaro was spinning donuts and lost control and slammed into the side of it. Lucky he had full coverage insurance and was able to fix it, but was just a very sad day and huge pain in the ass

The funny thing is, when something worries you problems arise everywhere.If you didnt really care about your car you would never notice this activity.Try a spot that seems stupid,or put your car in danger-it will probably be safest there.

t's why my pride and joy is under the hood... it's hard to scratch my turbo with a door. it takes all of ten minutes to repair whatever paint scratch I get... and believe me, they stick out... all my scratches are orange... lmao

I know what you mean! My wife and I always park the 350 out back...but it seems every time we return to the car.......its surrounded by pickups! I dont get it!

HAHA door defenders! Depending on were you live I can see those being trashed or stolen. Nice idea though with all the non caring idiots.

I came out of a store one time to see my car flanked by a porsche and a bimmer. Quite the honor lol.

I hear ya though. I treat a parking lot like a public restroom, one urinal buffer zone! lol

Evan

lol same here. i dont drive my Z yet, but when i have my 240sx out, i try to keep it out of the main mass of parked cars, and my buddy with an 2003 altima does the same.

i dont get how people can be so inconsiderate of older cars, or of cars in general. :icon55: