HybridZ

Other Cars to Hybridize

JustinOlson

Wow, lots of good taste on this board :)

it's already been said but its worth mentioning again me thinks:

E30 - S52/S54 maybe even a turbocharged 318is?

E21 - S52/S54 in a Euro spec e21/323is would be sick

3.0CSi - S52/S54, can you fit a V8 in one of those things?

First gen celica, what a hot little number!

Volvo P1800 - I'm currently working on a 62 P1800, swapping over a B234f

BMW 2002 - M30, maybe an S52 (Friend of mine built one with full E36 M3 suspension, basically a 2002 body tub welded to a E36 M3 floor pan..loads of fun!

Opel Manta - YES YES YES, had a chance to buy one of these for 300$ about 6 years ago and passed on it for some stupid reason, Doh!

Honda N600 - Had one of these at one point in time, was planning on a B18 swap but that never happened.

MGBGT - good styling, ancient suspension. there is one running around SA with a CA18DET in it.

MkI rabbit - I have an un natural love for these things and will have one in my stable some day. theres just something about a slammed old school Golf!

Subaru Brat with WRX/Sti driveline. I'm not sure if its possible without mutilating the Brat, but boy would that take people by surprise!

and Justin, I LOVE those Audi Quattro Coupes but I've heard nothing but nightmares about maintaining one..any truth to that?

I'm not sure what my next project will be as I have many choices and lots of desires. My heart is leaning toward a Lotus 7 type car with a 'busa or Rotary power train but I just don't know. I would really like to have something a bit more practical in the long run.

hmmmm....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this and I love. I really want a first gen celica now :)

71celicagb5.jpg

Justin, if you like Celicas you have to check out this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osQALBaMP14&NR=1

I owned a '78 second gen, it was a cool car for college. It took me from PDX to Chicago and back a few times. It was a fun car, but I wanted a turbo for it so bad climbing the rockies with 2.2l ~96 HP n/a.:willy_nil

I have a 1985 GMC Jimmy that I am working on currently, see sig for older build details, new details will be along soon enough.

I have also swapped a V6 and 5 speed into my 1985 Buick Skyhawk, they were only ever offered as 4cyl and automatics.

Helped with and performed a few swaps of newer 60 degree V6s from GM into older (1st and 2nd gen) J-bodies.

What else would I like to do?

GM 60 degree V6 with a couple turbos into a late '80s to early '90s Lotus Esprit.

Those old Celicas look pretty sweet and could think of a few potential swaps for them.

well lemme get a bit outside the box....

last year when i bought my 1991 corolla, i considered trying to either boost it (i worked with someone at toyota who had done it) at 8psi with a sr20 side mount IC.....

or...

swap in a honda B16 with ITB's or maybe even a little boost.

but the body is so funked its not worth it even though it has 90k on it.

and for the past 4 years ive been chipping away at modding my S13 240sx, slowly but surely, with functional mods only!

Volvo P1800 - I'm currently working on a 62 P1800, swapping over a B234f

and Justin, I LOVE those Audi Quattro Coupes but I've heard nothing but nightmares about maintaining one..any truth to that?

Awesome I always wanted to do something similar with a 1800. On the side of the coupe quattros. They are sweet platform, although they are on the heavy side and there isn't a huge aftermarket. I was looking for one earlier this year for a 20v turbo swap, but I've gotten busy with other things. Still plan on building one one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I found these recently on youtube. Hope they're not a repost...

Opel Manta, a bit like this one:http://www.hilmersson-racing.com/start.asp?show=ea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBd4zdsFMr8

Subaru Brat with WRX/Sti driveline. I'm not sure if its possible without mutilating the Brat, but boy would that take people by surprise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enMDCVKVjUc <= Here it is!

Maybe the 30-somethings can relate when I say that my favorite Stomper 4x4's were the Subaru brat and 280ZX :D

• 2 years later...