HybridZ

240z Concept Car

Mauisnow13

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.....have you ever noticed that the front of the GTR looks a lot like a certain Mistibishi model????????

Send this guy to Nissan and fire the guy who designed the GTR body. The GTR is so ugly I wouldn't buy it at half the price. But I'd buy two of Grid's cars today.

I love it with a few tweeks it would sell!! This is what I had hoped Nissan would have done with the 350Z. This to me is more what the evolution of the Z would have looked like. Also to me tha is the best looking rear view of any car minus the louvers of course.

Agreed.....have you ever noticed that the front of the GTR looks a lot like a certain Mistibishi model????????

Hmm... I always saw it the other way around... the new evo x looks like it was stealing from the pages from the early GTR prototypes which were around 3 years ago.

Back on topic:

Though I agree the front end isn't perfect... MAN!!! Though the 350Z is growing on me that's 1000000000 times better. It has MANY key things that tie back to the 240Z, while the 350Z has very VERY little. The rear hips are JUST wide enough for me. Not insanely wide to throw off the origonal lines, but wide enough to give that sexy rear shot that's just HIPS you wanna grab with both hands.

And like I said, though the front end isn't perfect, it really does a good job of capturing the feeling of evilness of the origonal 240Z, while keeping it modern looking. Some of the openings can probably be closed up a bit though. Overall that would be an insanely good base to start off from if nissan was selling it.

If nissan were truly selling this car, I'd be doing everything within my power to get one. I don't care if it would mean working 3 jobs, I'd do it. As long as....

...it had a decent motor from factory, minimum of 250hp/250torque.

Maybe a turbo...

After looking at it a bit more, I've decided I definitely do not like the mirrors. I don't like how the hood has that flat face on the front. I'm not sure that made any sense, but I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. I don't like the dip in the roof, but its negligible. I think the front could use some tweaking, but it's not bad. However, I think the rear is a bit plain. There seems to be a lot of unused space back there. I don't like the louvers, but I've never really cared for them on any car. It definitely needs some wider tires, too. It's a great start though. Nissan needs to hire this guy.

I think part of the reason the 350z looks the way it does, is because of all the safety features that were "needed" to go into production. IIRC the first concept presented, looked alot more like the 240z (still ugly IMO). If you imagine this in production form, you wouldn't find much space to put all the things that the safety regs say are needed.

But that said, everytime I look at the pics, makes me want to try to build one (most likely fail miserablely :P)

I think part of the reason the 350z looks the way it does, is because of all the safety features that were "needed" to go into production. IIRC the first concept presented, looked alot more like the 240z (still ugly IMO). If you imagine this in production form, you wouldn't find much space to put all the things that the safety regs say are needed.

But that said, everytime I look at the pics, makes me want to try to build one (most likely fail miserablely :P)

I humbly disagree, for one reason...

BMW. The Z4 is almost the same exact proportions. They did it. They brought a car of the same overal size to the market with the Z3 and it sold well. The Honda S2000 isn't far off either.

I see no reason it couldn't be done, other than fear it wouldn't sell. Nissan needs to brave it and make a car like this 3D model!

I think the mirrors could definately be fixed. The front end seems a bit odd to me. something about it just doesn't suit the car. I dislike the louvers. The rest of the car is pretty much pure sex. I'd buy one.

And I agree about the engine. I'd say even more than 250hp. I hate seeing the 350z's everywhere on the road. They are more of a cruise car than a performance car. I'd say throw in a V6 Turbo (maybe twin?) Making about 300. Similar to the power of the VG30dett engines. That car would be SICK. Although the engine couldn't be the same as the VG or it would be unoriginal. BLAH. IMO, if Nissan comes out with a new Z, it has to be groundbreaking.

I've seen the 370z concept and I must say, I'm not impressed. It's basically a 350z with a 3.7 liter and a shortened roof line. I say make a 400z with a sick 4.0 turbo engine. I'd be in line for that.

Very cool to see these renderings. I've thought about a few ideas that are actually in that model, or very close to.

The front end, more specifically grill and bumper area needs to change drastically.

The rest is very good, but all could use a tweak.

It looks like the idea is to widen the car, and maybe even shorten the wheelbase over the original 240.

Overall I like it.

I'm very impressed with the texture he/she got on those tires. Very cool. This is a super professional model (though it looks to have WAY more polygons than you probably need-but if you aren't modeling for games that doesn't really matter). Aesthetically, i don't like the Mustang II scoops on the side, the Z never had anything like that, and they don't go with the shape for me. I actually like the louvers a lot, I think it's a very fresh take on a retro styling cue. Every time I look at these, it makes me want to try and get a nice S30 rendering in my portfolio...if only i had the time!

Last night it hit me, the engine that should go in that car...

I new ressurection of the nissan Y engine. Think about it, they could completely redesign it from the ground up and keep it around the origonal 4 liter range, putting it nicely between their current V6 and V8 engines.

Not sure they'd ever do it because of the taxes they pay in japan in regards to displacement, and pushrod engines aren't known for high efficiency, but I'm sure the engine would find a market in a lot of their cars in the rest of the world. Can we say 350HP FWD Maxima/Altima?

Well, that's just what came to me last night. Seems like the perfect fit. Small aluminium pushrod V8, with nissan's badge on it.

EDIT:

Did anyone else see the link in that thread to the other guy's project doing a 120Y Datsun concept? First several renditions are really rough, but the last teaser shot posted looks like it's comming together well.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=606024&page=1&pp=15