HybridZ

L6 Turbo Header Group Buy

JSM

$200.00 seems too good to be true. I certainly would like to pay as little as possible but at that price I would wonder how they'd make any money. Again, I think it's important that a reliable product be designed which would typically cost more than $200.00.

Would they be designing the cylinder head flange or would that need to be provided up front?

My point is that we should be very careful that we set certain expectations with the builder so we all get he product we are expecting.

I understand all this and when he gave me that price i was a little worried also. I feel im far from having these made yet and I have alot of questions that i want to ask him and make sure we are getting a decent product. A decent product is more important than price i would believe with in reason. Ill keep ya updated when i get more info.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I compleatly agree with this. I have been looking at all the manifolds that have been posted so far and i think that this one would do the best for us.

http://forums.hybridz.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6673&d=1208626726

http://forums.hybridz.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6672&d=1208626726

it gives us a nice tubular design and also gives an external waste gate. and stockish location

That would also be my pic for a manifold as well. I'm also interested, I'd prefer T3 flange but if needed i could get a different one put on if the one provided wasn't to my needs. the one in the pic looks like a T4. Also note how tubes for cylinders 1 & 2 are out of the way for pretty much any compressor housing!

Does anyone have any idea the actual advantages in using one of these tube manifolds? (against a ported manifold)

It seems the only way to build it cheaply will not be equal length.

Apart from air con ,wouldn't it be better to move the turbo to the center so it's a bit more equal?

I'm not knocking the idea ,as I'm interested in one too. I would just like to have an idea on the gain I could expect.

Thanks

I really like the most recent manifold, it looks like it'd be a good design. For that low price I'd be skeptical, but worst case scenerio, I'd run to a local welding shop and have them touch up the welds. I know a few guys that do that on knock off manifolds, with good results. I also like the idea of having the wastegate pipe facing down to clear certain intake setups.

I'm DEFINITLY in, depending on the price, assuming that it stays fairly close to the qoute price, maybe 50-100 dollar diffrence. Put me down for a T3 setup, with a 38mm waste flange

Allright been e-mailing back and forth with Joe at SSAC today and this was his last e-mail

We can add a 44mm Vband gate flange no problem - we can make it as you

desire

Just let me know

A) WHERE you want the Gate

B) The size of the Primaries

C) What Turbo flange desired ( T25 , T3 , T4 ETC .. )

D) Location of Gate flange

and if you want to to a Turbo downpipe to connect to your exhaust we can

do that as well

OK

I just need to get something to get started and then we can make

something for you guys.

So based on that what are we looking for?? Like mainly the primary size and so on.

I'm not sure on primaries and such, but most people are running T3s but they said they could change flanges if possible. I doubt anyone is gonna run a T25 based turbo. I really like that design that you posted, with the waste flange down. I have a stock piece with the flange up, and it won't clear my current setup. I like the idea of close to stock area, that way exhausts could be tweaked to fit, instead of a whole new dp and such.

This comes to mind, only a header based design instead http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108785

Its got the wastegate fairly close to the outlet where it needs to be. It aims down, where a dump pipe can easily be routed back into the exhaust without having to take tight turns, or you can just do a straight dump tube going straight down.

I was quoted $1500-$2k to have one fabricated, equal length mild steel. I've read elsewhere on the forums that it costs up to $2500. How on earth are they going to make these for under $200 and not have them be pieces of crap? The steel stock alone should cost $50 if I had to guess...

If they can come up with a quality product at less than $1500, I'll buy it, but I want quality first and I am willing to pay for it. If they come up with a crappy manifold for $200, then I'm gonna go to my fabricator and drop the $$ to get it right.

I was quoted $1500-$2k to have one fabricated, equal length mild steel. I've read elsewhere on the forums that it costs up to $2500. How on earth are they going to make these for under $200 and not have them be pieces of crap? The steel stock alone should cost $50 if I had to guess...

Quantity is the key. A Yugo would cost as much as a Ferrari if you only built one. That's why it's beneficial to do a group buy...