HybridZ

L6 Turbo Header Group Buy

JSM

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it makes a differnce to the buy, but I'll be using a holset HY-35 with a T3 flange. It sounds like your R&D is in the ballpark for it's flow too, so I'll shuddup. :D

The good news is that the new header design should have flow improvements over the SFP (log style) design.

Hey guys, just to let you know, I already e-mailed Jeff (by PM) the pictures of the turbo header that I can gladly provided (with a return address) for you guys to use it as a template or as an idea to start the project. If you guys wish to see the pictures of the header, they are on my photo album, under my screen name:)

Alex

Hey guys, just to let you know, I already e-mailed Jeff (by PM) the pictures of the turbo header that I can gladly provided (with a return address) for you guys to use it as a template or as an idea to start the project. If you guys wish to see the pictures of the header, they are on my photo album, under my screen name:)

Alex

This one:

Turbo_Header_3_.JPG

Turbo_Header_2_.JPG

Guest daytonaz

im interested in the manifold, and even possibly making a manifold, but it would help if we had a price range in mind and a few pictures to go off of. i work at a shop here in wisconsin and i have a 75 280z and i have an extra motor set up on a stand. so if anyone has a few pics to give me a rough idea i can go from there. my email is daytonaz_05@hotmail.com

Ok guys sorry for the long delay. Here is where we are at with the manifold. They have a stock cast manifold to make one off of. But they are saying they can only make a copy of that one and i have a feeling it would turn out like the bhj one. Here is the copy of the last e-mail i got from the guy.

Jeff

OK - we got the cast Manifold

So - do you

A) want to make " EXACT DIMENSION CONFIGURATIONS " based on what to

do for the engineer

and email them to me ?

OR

B) Have us make the manifold as it is, with stainless steel , and

tell us where to add a gate flange and all that

Just let us know what to do ........

EXACTLY ........

and we will start to do it

Thanks!

Honestly guys im a little lost on what we need to do from here. and could use some help. Do we just want to say make one or do we need to basically design one and send them the dimensions. So what are you guys thinking? Then we can go from there.

Well, as far as I can tell, the original purpose of this group buy was to obtain a turbo header that flows better than the stock header and has an external wastegate flange. Now we are faced with the decision of designing just that, or replicating the stock manifold in stainless and adding an external wastegate flange.

If we replicate the stock header in stainless, it may flow slightly better due to the differences in roughness in materials (basic fluid mechanics losses stuff), but it will still be almost identical with the exception of the addition of the external wastegate. As far as I'm concerned, I would not want to pay $200 for the addition of an external wastegate and close to stock flow characteristics when stock headers can be found for $50.

We have the opportunity to design a turbo header, have it produced for us, and be able to buy it for around $200. We might as well give it our all and design the best performing header we can (that also best accommodates everyone's interests).

Just my two cents...

From what you said , if I got it right , you sent a standard manifold and they want to make an coppy of that.

Didn't they originally ask for a manifold to coppy exactly?

I think we need to find the best manifold that someone is willing to send to them ( they should send it back when finished).

There was a manifold that most people seemed to agree on.(Someone posted pictures of it) .

Was that just pictures, or does semeone have it to coppy?

If not maby post a question to all members asking for help getting a good manifold, that can just be cpooied exactly.