HybridZ

Congratulations Mayolives on FTD at VIR!!!!!!!!!

jt1

How about a big thumbs up to Turbo Tom for taking FTD at the THSCC time trials at the VIR full course today. Tom took Redbird around the track at a blistering 2:10.6 to take the big prize of the day. Roddy was right behind with a 2:11 to take fourth, so it was a big day for the Z car guys. It's nice to see two guys who have put untold hours and dollars in their cars get some great results!

Nice job!!!!!!

John

Crap!, I only managed a 2:27 in my BSP, L24 powered 240Z. The engine is seriously down on power this year. Been getting weaker every year.

I was fast as hell around the turns though. I managed to scare the crap out of half a dozen passengers this weekend.

I also managed to sell the car to my green student's father after giving him a thrill. I took him through the uphill esses with my foot to the floor from turn 5a all the way to turn 10(south bend). I swear he made a pocket for his brake foot in the floorboard. I didn't let him out of the car for 5 laps flat out. Keep in mind these guys brought a BMW E46 M3 with the sequential gearbox. They were impressed enough with the Datsun that they bought it for 5k.

T1 Corvettes were running VIR at about 2:02s in qualifying. The Porsche Cup cars were running 1:54s at the last ALMS race there.

My "best" run there in my beast has been a 2:09, but the car is much more capable than the driver is...

Jim McNemar has driven his 380HP Porsche GT3 Street car at a best of a 2:04 in traffic. His new Z06 is running lows 2:0Xs...

Mike

BJ

Congrats on selling the car. Sounds like you got a good price for the car. Now put the funds in the track car and get it out there.

Roddy and Tom, I have seen Alan Giles run a 209 or 210 in a time trial a few years ago. I have no idea what his best time is but I'm sure you both are familar with his car and his ability. Those times put you guys in high cotton for sure.

Good to hear a Z made it in the top ranks.

I'm not familiar with VIR, any other times and cars to compare with?

Considering it's a NA L6 powered car those times are amazingly fast. If it had comparable equipment to any of the other cars mentioned, he would probably beat the pants off of them hands down, he must be a very good driver.

BJ

Congrats on selling the car. Sounds like you got a good price for the car. Now put the funds in the track car and get it out there.

Roddy and Tom, I have seen Alan Giles run a 209 or 210 in a time trial a few years ago. I have no idea what his best time is but I'm sure you both are familar with his car and his ability. Those times put you guys in high cotton for sure.

Thanks for the kind words. When I turned that 2:10.02 it was 43 degrees and we had three flying laps after one warm up. Most folks wouldn't have left pit road on those tires either..... I must admit to taking a REAL deep breath after the bridge and before the uphill esses.

Tom and Roddy both were doing very good. The track got washed off during the day on Wednesday and it was in great shape for the TT. It was cool to see both of them run so well. Not sure how the Thursday results went other than Jeff Underwood in the R1 powered Locost got 3rd overall. For those of you who have not been to VIR here is a vid of Jeff:

http://www.project-seven.goof.com/videos/LCVIRFull907.wmv

Maybe Roddy or Mark can post something from their incar. Roddy's should be a real hoot.

Alan