Gauging interest in EDIS mounting parts

Derek

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds fair to me. Let us know when your ready.

Alright here's the deal.

I'm going to do a run of 4 wheel adapters and 4 sensor mounts. I'll keep track of my time and materials. I'll then base the price on my shop rate.

If they're too expensive then I'll keep 1 set and throw the rest up on ebay and let the market set the price and that will be the end of it. If the price is right and people want them then I'll continue to produce them.

Thanks

Derek

Alright

I got 6 mounts completed

DSC_0064.jpg

The price is $48.00 plus shipping and includes the longer bolt for the timing cover and the bolt for the boss on the cover. It also includes the sensor mount bolts.

The finish is not show quality. there are some tooling marks. I did tumble them so there are no sharp edges.

DSC_0066.jpg

Hopefully I'll have some hubs toward the end of next week.

Derek

Looks like a good solid mounting point, and a great finished product. I just thought of something that perhaps got overlooked. Since Megasquirt can be very prone to false triggers, do you think it's a good idea to be mounting the VR sensor right by the alternator?? There is a fair bit of EMI from that area. Have you run the vehicle with this mounting, perhaps it is alright this way with proper shielding???

Anyhow definately watching this thread, some real nice work there Derek. Keep it up !!!

Looks like a good solid mounting point, and a great finished product. I just thought of something that perhaps got overlooked. Since Megasquirt can be very prone to false triggers, do you think it's a good idea to be mounting the VR sensor right by the alternator?? There is a fair bit of EMI from that area. Have you run the vehicle with this mounting, perhaps it is alright this way with proper shielding???

Anyhow definately watching this thread, some real nice work there Derek. Keep it up !!!

Thanks Clint.

I used shielded wire for all my runs and I'm being careful to use single point grounding. I've got about 200 miles on it with no apparent problems. On Monday I'm driving the car for a 3 hour run down south and I'll have my laptop hooked up so I can datalog and check for rests.

Derek

I would like to know prices too, defiently want some parts if you still have/making them!

No problem.

I'm waiting for the hub blanks to get back from the foundry. I'll do the machine work on them right away and then we'll have the prices. Shouldn't be too long now.

Derek

Thanks for the update. Are the hubs made from a casting or plate aluminum? What is the alloy? Just curious.

No problem.

I'm waiting for the hub blanks to get back from the foundry. I'll do the machine work on them right away and then we'll have the prices. Shouldn't be too long now.

Derek

Thanks for the update. Are the hubs made from a casting or plate aluminum? What is the alloy? Just curious.

The hubs are going to made from Almag 535 which is an aluminum magnesium alloy. It has a very high tensile strength. It machines really well. It's used a lot in the aircraft and medical industry. I do a lot of patterns for a helicopter company and they have everything done in Almag. The nice thing about it is it's right at a T6 hardness with out heat treating. Using castings is going to save a ton of machine time. I'll still machine all surfaces but it will all be finish passes.

I had about a whole day of hogging on the first one I made.

Derek

ok that's the good news. Unfortunately I won't be able to do any machining this week as I'm heading over to the foundry to cast my rear manifold tomorrow. The castings look great.

I'll be doing the machining the first part of next week.

Derek

• 3 weeks later...
any new updates ?

Well the news is not good. I'm sick as a dog right now. I've been afraid to work on them because I can't concentrate and I don't want to make a pile of scrap!

Went to the doc today and got some meds so I should be back on track next week.

Sorry again for the delay.

Derek